Another e-mail problem

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another e-mail problem

Matthias Waller-2
Hi,

we use Hudson ver. 1.63 now and the e-mails send to individuals works a
little bit better (no NPE). But there are two little oddities.

1.
This is the console output:

   BUILD SUCCESSFUL
   Total time: 21 seconds
   An attempt to send an e-mail to empty list of recipients, ignored.

As you can see the build is successful but in the overview and project
view it is broken (red). Why?


2.
Sometimes the following NPE occurs:

   BUILD SUCCESSFUL
   Total time: 23 seconds
   ERROR: null
   java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at hudson.tasks.Mailer.createEmptyMail(Mailer.java:237)
        at hudson.tasks.Mailer.createFailureMail(Mailer.java:155)
        at hudson.tasks.Mailer.getMail(Mailer.java:99)
        at hudson.tasks.Mailer.perform(Mailer.java:76)
        at hudson.model.Build$1.post(Build.java:347)
        at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:523)
        at hudson.model.Build.run(Build.java:289)
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:60)

IMHO the problem is that the changelog is empty (no user -> no e-mail
address), a similar problem Sven described last week in the post
"History of Changes per Job".

Thanks,
  Matthias

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another e-mail problem

Matthias Waller-2
Matthias Waller wrote:

> 1.
> This is the console output:
>
>   BUILD SUCCESSFUL
>   Total time: 21 seconds
>   An attempt to send an e-mail to empty list of recipients, ignored.
>
> As you can see the build is successful but in the overview and project
> view it is broken (red). Why?
>

Sorry, this is a Ant problem. We solved this in our local Ant 1.6.5
version, but Hudson lost the configured "Ant installations" after the
update to 1.63 ...

--
Matthias Waller

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another e-mail problem

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2
Matthias Waller wrote:
> Sorry, this is a Ant problem. We solved this in our local Ant 1.6.5
> version, but Hudson lost the configured "Ant installations" after the
> update to 1.63 ...

OMG!! Data loss problem!!

I've really been trying to avoid that one with Hudson. But now that I
mentioned it, I found the bug. Argh.

I'll take down 1.63 so that people won't download it for now.

The fix is already made, and I'm verifying it...

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Another e-mail problem

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2
Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Matthias Waller wrote:
>> Sorry, this is a Ant problem. We solved this in our local Ant 1.6.5
>> version, but Hudson lost the configured "Ant installations" after the
>> update to 1.63 ...
>
> OMG!! Data loss problem!!
>
> I've really been trying to avoid that one with Hudson. But now that I
> mentioned it, I found the bug. Argh.
>
> I'll take down 1.63 so that people won't download it for now.
>
> The fix is already made, and I'm verifying it...
1.64 posted with a fix to this problem.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment