[Blue Ocean] - Customize and deploy Blue Ocean - Resolve dependencies/modules from local repository

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Blue Ocean] - Customize and deploy Blue Ocean - Resolve dependencies/modules from local repository

Nagaraj JB
I am making a small UI change as per our need in Blue Ocean Plugin. I am able to run the plugin from IDE and see the changes reflecting. As it is a customization I don't want to publish, how can I package it and use it in our Jenkins instance? I packaged it and got .hpi file. I uploaded to the Jenkins and got below error. I think it is trying to resolve these from maven repository. Could you please assist how can I get it working from my local maven repo(m2)? Many thanks in advance.

 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-bitbucket-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-config (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-personalization (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-core-js (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-pipeline-editor (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-jira (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: jenkins-design-language (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-jwt (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-events (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-pipeline-api-impl (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-dashboard (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-web (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-github-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-git-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-rest-impl (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-i18n (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d7de19dc-f445-4201-ba14-8d2df468418dn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Blue Ocean] - Customize and deploy Blue Ocean - Resolve dependencies/modules from local repository

Nagaraj JB
I was able to get it working by uploading .hpi files for each of the missing plugins/modules. Is there a better way to do it?

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 4:14:31 PM UTC+5:30 Nagaraj JB wrote:
I am making a small UI change as per our need in Blue Ocean Plugin. I am able to run the plugin from IDE and see the changes reflecting. As it is a customization I don't want to publish, how can I package it and use it in our Jenkins instance? I packaged it and got .hpi file. I uploaded to the Jenkins and got below error. I think it is trying to resolve these from maven repository. Could you please assist how can I get it working from my local maven repo(m2)? Many thanks in advance.

 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-bitbucket-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-config (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-personalization (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-core-js (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-pipeline-editor (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-jira (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: jenkins-design-language (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-jwt (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-events (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-pipeline-api-impl (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-dashboard (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-web (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-github-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-git-pipeline (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-rest-impl (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)
 - Plugin is missing: blueocean-i18n (1.24.1-SNAPSHOT)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/3c742e73-4304-443e-bd5e-9ab796caa173n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Blue Ocean] - Customize and deploy Blue Ocean - Resolve dependencies/modules from local repository

Jesse Glick-4
On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM Nagaraj JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was able to get it working by uploading .hpi files for each of the missing plugins/modules. Is there a better way to do it?

No, that is one of the downsides of developing plugins in a
multimodule Maven reactor as is done in `blueocean-plugin`.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr2p4EqcKZUvYx5nRQo6--wV0FzbtzVn4eO6TjWSLe1KgQ%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Blue Ocean] - Customize and deploy Blue Ocean - Resolve dependencies/modules from local repository

Nagaraj JB
Many thanks Jesse.

On Monday, October 5, 2020 at 8:22:54 PM UTC+5:30 Jesse Glick wrote:
On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 8:05 AM Nagaraj JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I was able to get it working by uploading .hpi files for each of the missing plugins/modules. Is there a better way to do it?

No, that is one of the downsides of developing plugins in a
multimodule Maven reactor as is done in `blueocean-plugin`.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/16a056c7-1941-4870-b8f2-d38fcab180ben%40googlegroups.com.