BuildWrapper before SCM checkout?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BuildWrapper before SCM checkout?

Suckow, Thomas J
I am new to plugin development and am mostly looking to enhance an existing one.

The SSH-Agent plugin is a "BuildWrapper" which unfortunately means it runs after all the code is checked out from scm.

Is there another task type that would occur before scm checkout so that the ssh-agent could be setup and used to checkout/clone the code?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BuildWrapper before SCM checkout?

alok kumar
Hi,
I guess you can try this https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/pre-scm-buildstep for your requirement below

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Alok
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to plugin development and am mostly looking to enhance an existing one.

The SSH-Agent plugin is a "BuildWrapper" which unfortunately means it runs after all the code is checked out from scm.

Is there another task type that would occur before scm checkout so that the ssh-agent could be setup and used to checkout/clone the code?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BuildWrapper before SCM checkout?

Suckow, Thomas J
This is a good reference, thank you!

I looked at the BuildWrapper API, but somehow read right past "preCheckout". Maybe I should clean my glasses ;)

Regards,
Thomas

On 12/20/2012 06:32 PM, alok kumar wrote:
Hi,
I guess you can try this https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/pre-scm-buildstep for your requirement below

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Alok
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to plugin development and am mostly looking to enhance an existing one.

The SSH-Agent plugin is a "BuildWrapper" which unfortunately means it runs after all the code is checked out from scm.

Is there another task type that would occur before scm checkout so that the ssh-agent could be setup and used to checkout/clone the code?


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: BuildWrapper before SCM checkout?

alok kumar
Happens sometimes :-) Glad I could help!!

Thanks,
Alok

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Thomas Suckow <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is a good reference, thank you!

I looked at the BuildWrapper API, but somehow read right past "preCheckout". Maybe I should clean my glasses ;)

Regards,
Thomas


On 12/20/2012 06:32 PM, alok kumar wrote:
Hi,
I guess you can try this https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/pre-scm-buildstep for your requirement below

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Alok
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:49 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to plugin development and am mostly looking to enhance an existing one.

The SSH-Agent plugin is a "BuildWrapper" which unfortunately means it runs after all the code is checked out from scm.

Is there another task type that would occur before scm checkout so that the ssh-agent could be setup and used to checkout/clone the code?