Fwd: Issue sending email

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Issue sending email

Greg Yeomans

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.

Screenshot from 2020-07-09 20-36-33.png (194K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

slide
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

Greg Yeomans

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

slide
Can you email debug mode in the global config for email-ext? The build log should have additional details.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 06:31 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVe0mrB7vK-Kj230qbBBp_%2BV-7moqxTR4aVOq-OzAiCcJg%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

Greg Yeomans

@Slide.

The original screenshot provided is all of the data from the build log that is in debug mode.  Is there anything else you are specifically looking for?  I have attached again, just in case.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 10:39 AM, Slide wrote:
Can you email debug mode in the global config for email-ext? The build log should have additional details.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 06:31 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVe0mrB7vK-Kj230qbBBp_%2BV-7moqxTR4aVOq-OzAiCcJg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/f0a4d4e0-e3ad-150e-2ef1-0357da7f8ccc%40venuetize.com.

Screenshot from 2020-07-09 20-36-33.png (194K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

slide
Sorry, I was reading on my phone and missed the attachment. Let me look at it again when I am in front of a computer.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 10:54 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide.

The original screenshot provided is all of the data from the build log that is in debug mode.  Is there anything else you are specifically looking for?  I have attached again, just in case.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 10:39 AM, Slide wrote:
Can you email debug mode in the global config for email-ext? The build log should have additional details.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 06:31 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVe0mrB7vK-Kj230qbBBp_%2BV-7moqxTR4aVOq-OzAiCcJg%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/f0a4d4e0-e3ad-150e-2ef1-0357da7f8ccc%40venuetize.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVc_58xpBc0G2D3fXjA18qAvUJx7KmiOen0CLTLTX--qBA%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

Greg Yeomans

Greetings, just wanted to check back with you on this.  Is there some information I can get you to help resolve this issue.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 2:04 PM, Slide wrote:
Sorry, I was reading on my phone and missed the attachment. Let me look at it again when I am in front of a computer.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 10:54 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide.

The original screenshot provided is all of the data from the build log that is in debug mode.  Is there anything else you are specifically looking for?  I have attached again, just in case.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 10:39 AM, Slide wrote:
Can you email debug mode in the global config for email-ext? The build log should have additional details.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 06:31 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVe0mrB7vK-Kj230qbBBp_%2BV-7moqxTR4aVOq-OzAiCcJg%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/f0a4d4e0-e3ad-150e-2ef1-0357da7f8ccc%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVc_58xpBc0G2D3fXjA18qAvUJx7KmiOen0CLTLTX--qBA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e01f8b21-36c7-84fc-9336-1e5f6883f2c5%40venuetize.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Issue sending email

slide
Can you share a redacted (blur out the username/etc info) screenshot of your email-ext configuration?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 8:47 AM Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings, just wanted to check back with you on this.  Is there some information I can get you to help resolve this issue.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 2:04 PM, Slide wrote:
Sorry, I was reading on my phone and missed the attachment. Let me look at it again when I am in front of a computer.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 10:54 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide.

The original screenshot provided is all of the data from the build log that is in debug mode.  Is there anything else you are specifically looking for?  I have attached again, just in case.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/20/20 10:39 AM, Slide wrote:
Can you email debug mode in the global config for email-ext? The build log should have additional details.

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020, 06:31 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

@Slide,

Thanks for the reply, its been difficult getting back to this.  I am a one man team with lots of forest fires.  We have 3 jenkins servers, one for legacy builds that will hopefully go away sometime, one for mobile apps, and one for container builds.  They all three use the same credentials to send emails.  I gave them each "fake reply-to" address, and I was successfully able to send emails from the built-in mailer from the global config without issue using the same credentials as the extended mailer plugin.  However using the same settings on the extended mailer plugin and the sending of email fails.  I wish the extended mailer plugin had its own test function.

Hopefully that helps explain things.

Thanks for the assist, I look forward to your response.


Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


On 7/10/20 1:20 AM, Slide wrote:
Are the from address and reply to addresses valid addresses on the server? Exchange will deny if authentication fails and so it can't verify the addresses correctly. When you say you can send a test email, are you using the Mailer plugin in the global config, or the Extended Email Plugin settings to do this? 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 17:57 Greg Yeomans <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings,

We have been attempting to use the Email Extension plugin to send build reports to our developers but have yet to get a successful email out of the system.  I have the plugin setup with the same settings as the default mail plugin and tests with it work fine as I received test emails.  I have attached a screen shot if the resulting console output from my last attempt to test the issue.  We are currently using Jenkins v2.222.1 with the latest version of the plugin.  I have tried for months, off and on among other forest fires, to get this to work, but decided its time to look for more assistance.  I have TLS enabled with java/tomcat. Test emails through the original component work sending to port 25 but not 587 tests with the plugin fail with both ports.

If you have any questions that could help me resolve the issue please let me know.

--

Greg Yeomans
Senior Linux Administrator
Venuetize Logo
Venues. Monetized.
M: +1.813.719.5757 | [hidden email]
www.venuetize.com

"Venuetize makes the way people experience spaces easier, more personal, and enjoyable."


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/ee649256-dab0-3700-b59f-28adb65ed51d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf59K0%2BcApysB0siubeCNrj4TvJyy-dmG-unGisg7Ev3g%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/829e0090-611e-fdd0-5cd9-17b7a7c6e03d%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVe0mrB7vK-Kj230qbBBp_%2BV-7moqxTR4aVOq-OzAiCcJg%40mail.gmail.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/f0a4d4e0-e3ad-150e-2ef1-0357da7f8ccc%40venuetize.com.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVc_58xpBc0G2D3fXjA18qAvUJx7KmiOen0CLTLTX--qBA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e01f8b21-36c7-84fc-9336-1e5f6883f2c5%40venuetize.com.


--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf0K1pkeUthp%2Bwo%2B2ekwBWnJTruXApJs%3DnQRr8em4bxbQ%40mail.gmail.com.