GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

Rick
hi:

I made a proposal about the Multi-branch support for Gitlab.

Here is the doc link.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAMM7nTEkUq40xzVN3UudX0-nomwwVjWDeU0Kfz5dmz0K258d%3Dg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

Oleg Nenashev
Hi Rick,

Thanks for starting this discussion! I think it is good to be published as a draft project idea on jenkins.io.
I suggest to also bring up this topic in the Pipeline Authoring SIG (e.g. just adding it to CC).

Best regards,
Oleg

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 2:52:54 AM UTC+1, Rick wrote:
hi:

I made a proposal about the Multi-branch support for Gitlab.

Here is the doc link.
<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp=sharing" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp\x3dsharing&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp\x3dsharing&#39;;return true;">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp=sharing

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d922ea0c-b372-4da2-b85f-7616c8fd6d95%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

Rick
Agree with this.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for starting this discussion! I think it is good to be published as a draft project idea on jenkins.io.
I suggest to also bring up this topic in the Pipeline Authoring SIG (e.g. just adding it to CC).

Best regards,
Oleg

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 2:52:54 AM UTC+1, Rick wrote:
hi:

I made a proposal about the Multi-branch support for Gitlab.

Here is the doc link.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d922ea0c-b372-4da2-b85f-7616c8fd6d95%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAMM7nTEAqPePA29rcwzArnTKH4ndTrJhieNbabhX9yqhk_Sb5Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

Rick
I've made some changes. Consider that the current proposal could be a little scope for GSoC. How about let it covers multi git provider. Like gitea and gitlab.

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 9:45 PM arch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Agree with this.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 8:19 PM Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rick,

Thanks for starting this discussion! I think it is good to be published as a draft project idea on jenkins.io.
I suggest to also bring up this topic in the Pipeline Authoring SIG (e.g. just adding it to CC).

Best regards,
Oleg

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 2:52:54 AM UTC+1, Rick wrote:
hi:

I made a proposal about the Multi-branch support for Gitlab.

Here is the doc link.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d922ea0c-b372-4da2-b85f-7616c8fd6d95%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAMM7nTEbBGQpJedspz6%2BNf_xxqdxK7Uzn-ozy37N2BcNDLhT_A%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

rahst12
In reply to this post by Rick
FYI, I made a comment - It's worth noting that GitLab CI is not available in the Community Edition, which makes Jenkins the best available alternative. A strong integration point between Jenkins and GitLab Community Edition makes for a very convincing open source stack when considering CI/CD tools.

I think this is an excellent, and very welcome feature that's been missing for quite some time.  I applaud the effort, and hope this comes-to-be.

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 8:52:54 PM UTC-5, Rick wrote:
hi:

I made a proposal about the Multi-branch support for Gitlab.

Here is the doc link.
<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp=sharing" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp\x3dsharing&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp\x3dsharing&#39;;return true;">https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gqz4LyU5sw6I50OdAVsQSW_WPNDlvXg4Ic9NdcYj4Ts/edit?usp=sharing

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
Rick

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/e17c6edf-4bd4-4866-af9b-04894c906bf7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: GSoC proposal about the Multi-branch for Gitlab

Tobias Gruetzmacher
Hi,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 05:13:14PM -0800, Ryan wrote:
> FYI, I made a comment - It's worth noting that GitLab CI is not
> available in the Community Edition, which makes Jenkins the best
> available alternative. A strong integration point between Jenkins and
> GitLab Community Edition makes for a very convincing open source stack
> when considering CI/CD tools.

just as a correction: That's not true. GitLab CI is available in the
Community Edition. See
https://about.gitlab.com/product/continuous-integration/ for details.
The Debian project is running a big GitLab Community Edition instance
with GitLab CI: https://salsa.debian.org/public

From my personal experience, GitLab CI is better integrated with GitLab
(naturally), but Jenkins offers more flexibility (for example with
integration of test result reporting and third-party services).

> I think this is an excellent, and very welcome feature that's been
> missing for quite some time.  I applaud the effort, and hope this
> comes-to-be.

Dito. For the record: I'm personally administrating a pretty big Jenkins
instance at work with GitLab integration and having better integration
would certainly help us (see for example
https://github.com/jenkinsci/gitlab-plugin/pull/600)

Regards, Tobias

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/20190109120945.GA3518%4023.gs.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.