HG polling broken after the latest update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HG polling broken after the latest update

Fabrizio Giudici
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi al..

Yesterday I upgraded my Hudson from 1.337 to 1.347, together with all
the plugins. It seems that at least some hg polls are not working, and
I see this error in the logs:


Feb 23, 2010 12:08:36 AM hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner runPolling
SEVERE: Failed to record SCM polling
java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at hudson.scm.SCM.poll(SCM.java:344)
        at hudson.model.AbstractProject.poll(AbstractProject.java:1137)
        at
hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.runPolling(SCMTrigger.java:319)
        at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.run(SCMTrigger.java:346)
        at
hudson.util.SequentialExecutionQueue$QueueEntry.run(SequentialExecutionQueue.java:118)
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

- --
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/people
[hidden email]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.14 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkuDDuUACgkQeDweFqgUGxdPyACfZEyjmM6xmcfflcR1fxjON1or
QycAn2qqraff/p9aMWjVeaH1q46rkcGf
=/FMK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HG polling broken after the latest update

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Hmm, maybe this depends on JVM. Hudson 1.348-SNAPSHOT and Mercurial
plugin 1.25 works correctly for me,
and SCM.java didn't change between 1.347 and 1.348-SNAPSHOT thus far.

Can you go to http://server/hudson/systemInfo and report your JVM
version information?

2010/2/22 Fabrizio Giudici <[hidden email]>:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi al..
>
> Yesterday I upgraded my Hudson from 1.337 to 1.347, together with all
> the plugins. It seems that at least some hg polls are not working, and
> I see this error in the logs:
>
>
> Feb 23, 2010 12:08:36 AM hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner runPolling
> SEVERE: Failed to record SCM polling
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>        at hudson.scm.SCM.poll(SCM.java:344)
>        at hudson.model.AbstractProject.poll(AbstractProject.java:1137)
>        at
> hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.runPolling(SCMTrigger.java:319)
>        at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.run(SCMTrigger.java:346)
>        at
> hudson.util.SequentialExecutionQueue$QueueEntry.run(SequentialExecutionQueue.java:118)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> - --
> Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
> Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
> java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/people
> [hidden email]
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.14 (Darwin)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkuDDuUACgkQeDweFqgUGxdPyACfZEyjmM6xmcfflcR1fxjON1or
> QycAn2qqraff/p9aMWjVeaH1q46rkcGf
> =/FMK
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HG polling broken after the latest update

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Just FYI, the poll method looks like this, and line 344 is the
pollChanges method call, which cannot result in AbstractMethodError as
this is not an abstract method.

    public final PollingResult poll(AbstractProject<?,?> project,
Launcher launcher, FilePath workspace, TaskListener listener,
SCMRevisionState baseline) throws IOException, InterruptedException {
        try {
            return
compareRemoteRevisionWith(project,launcher,workspace,listener,baseline);
        } catch (AbstractMethodError e) {// pre 1.345 SCM that doesn't
implement new polling methods
            return pollChanges(project,launcher,workspace,listener) ?
PollingResult.SIGNIFICANT : PollingResult.NO_CHANGES;
        }
    }

I've seen other fluctuation in where LinkageErrors are thrown,
especially when they are discovered at the linkage time (such as
NoClassDefFoundError), but I thought the AbstractMethodError is not
one of them, as it takes the dereferencing of the left hand side to
determine the error.

OTOH, in the above case, LHS is 'this', so maybe there's some
interaction with HotSpot JIT compilation that caused this problem.


2010/2/23 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>:

> Hmm, maybe this depends on JVM. Hudson 1.348-SNAPSHOT and Mercurial
> plugin 1.25 works correctly for me,
> and SCM.java didn't change between 1.347 and 1.348-SNAPSHOT thus far.
>
> Can you go to http://server/hudson/systemInfo and report your JVM
> version information?
>
> 2010/2/22 Fabrizio Giudici <[hidden email]>:
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA1
>>
>> Hi al..
>>
>> Yesterday I upgraded my Hudson from 1.337 to 1.347, together with all
>> the plugins. It seems that at least some hg polls are not working, and
>> I see this error in the logs:
>>
>>
>> Feb 23, 2010 12:08:36 AM hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner runPolling
>> SEVERE: Failed to record SCM polling
>> java.lang.AbstractMethodError
>>        at hudson.scm.SCM.poll(SCM.java:344)
>>        at hudson.model.AbstractProject.poll(AbstractProject.java:1137)
>>        at
>> hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.runPolling(SCMTrigger.java:319)
>>        at hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner.run(SCMTrigger.java:346)
>>        at
>> hudson.util.SequentialExecutionQueue$QueueEntry.run(SequentialExecutionQueue.java:118)
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
>>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>>        at
>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>>
>> - --
>> Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
>> Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
>> java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/people
>> [hidden email]
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.14 (Darwin)
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>>
>> iEYEARECAAYFAkuDDuUACgkQeDweFqgUGxdPyACfZEyjmM6xmcfflcR1fxjON1or
>> QycAn2qqraff/p9aMWjVeaH1q46rkcGf
>> =/FMK
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HG polling broken after the latest update

Fabrizio Giudici
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 2/23/10 17:07 , Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Just FYI, the poll method looks like this, and line 344 is the
> pollChanges method call, which cannot result in AbstractMethodError
> as this is not an abstract method.
>
> public final PollingResult poll(AbstractProject<?,?> project,
> Launcher launcher, FilePath workspace, TaskListener listener,
> SCMRevisionState baseline) throws IOException, InterruptedException
> { try { return
> compareRemoteRevisionWith(project,launcher,workspace,listener,baseline);
>
>
} catch (AbstractMethodError e) {// pre 1.345 SCM that doesn't

> implement new polling methods return
> pollChanges(project,launcher,workspace,listener) ?
> PollingResult.SIGNIFICANT : PollingResult.NO_CHANGES; } }
>
> I've seen other fluctuation in where LinkageErrors are thrown,
> especially when they are discovered at the linkage time (such as
> NoClassDefFoundError), but I thought the AbstractMethodError is
> not one of them, as it takes the dereferencing of the left hand
> side to determine the error.
>
> OTOH, in the above case, LHS is 'this', so maybe there's some
> interaction with HotSpot JIT compilation that caused this problem.
>
>
> 2010/2/23 Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]>:
>> Hmm, maybe this depends on JVM. Hudson 1.348-SNAPSHOT and
>> Mercurial plugin 1.25 works correctly for me, and SCM.java didn't
>> change between 1.347 and 1.348-SNAPSHOT thus far.
>>
>> Can you go to http://server/hudson/systemInfo and report your
>> JVM version information?

java.awt.graphicsenv    sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
java.awt.headless    true
java.awt.printerjob    sun.print.PSPrinterJob
java.class.path    :/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/bin/bootstrap.jar
java.class.version    50.0
java.endorsed.dirs    /home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/endorsed
java.ext.dirs
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre/lib/ext:/usr/java/packages/lib/ext
java.home    /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre
java.io.tmpdir    /home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/temp
java.library.path
/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.16/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/lib:/usr/lib
java.naming.factory.initial
org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs    org.apache.naming
java.protocol.handler.pkgs    com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol |
org.apache.axis.transport|
java.runtime.name    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
java.runtime.version    1.6.0_16-b01
java.specification.name    Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor    Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.specification.version    1.6
java.util.logging.config.file
/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/conf/logging.properties
java.util.logging.manager    org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
java.vendor    Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vendor.url    http://java.sun.com/
java.vendor.url.bug    http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
java.version    1.6.0_16
java.vm.info    mixed mode
java.vm.name    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.vm.specification.name    Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor    Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.specification.version    1.0
java.vm.vendor    Sun Microsystems Inc.
java.vm.version    14.2-b01

- --
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/people
[hidden email]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.14 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkuEBK8ACgkQeDweFqgUGxeFvgCcCdIFTmMHHUwaje2Wv+0orp9v
U74AnjWMNgHBq1fjwfper75iYuwQVDSf
=l+MX
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HG polling broken after the latest update

Fabrizio Giudici
In reply to this post by Kohsuke Kawaguchi
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 2/23/10 17:07 , Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Just FYI, the poll method looks like this, and line 344 is the
> pollChanges method call, which cannot result in AbstractMethodError
> as this is not an abstract method.

The problem disappeared after a full restart of Tomcat. Which is a bit
strange, of course: I had already restarted it after the upgrade.

- --
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."
java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici - www.tidalwave.it/people
[hidden email]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.14 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkuIEd8ACgkQeDweFqgUGxd1jACeNPtvEKr9QDSdIiW4p9fs3iuh
agwAn1w0qz0g7UNvEB2aPJEfbcTe50NH
=cQ3v
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HG polling broken after the latest update

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Fabrizio Giudici wrote:
> On 2/23/10 17:07 , Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
>> Just FYI, the poll method looks like this, and line 344 is the
>> pollChanges method call, which cannot result in AbstractMethodError
>> as this is not an abstract method.
>
> The problem disappeared after a full restart of Tomcat. Which is a bit
> strange, of course: I had already restarted it after the upgrade.

Good. I guess it's one of those mysteries that we'll never figure out.

So far I'm not hearing from other people of the same issue, so I'm
assuming we are OK.


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Out of Office AutoReply: HG polling broken after the latest update

pcampbell
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Out of Office AutoReply: HG polling broken after the latest update

I am out of the office Monday, March 1 through Friday, March 5 and am unable to respond to your email.  I will return on Monday, March 8.

If you need immediate assistance for Hudson issues, contact Jason Collins, otherwise please contact Juan Nunez.