Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

Andrew Bayer
So we're looking at having another hackathon, only like 8 months after our last one. =) We're thinking of having it at http://hackerdojo.pbworks.com, in Mountain View, CA, some weekend day in mid-to-late March. Currently, the consensus on the IRC channel is tending towards either Saturday, March 20th, or Sunday, March 21st. If you're in the Bay Area or feel like coming to the Bay Area for this, which date works best for you?

A.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

Andrew Bayer
I've put up a wiki entry on the Hackathon: http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Hudson+Bay+Area+Hackathon+2.0

A.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Andrew Bayer <[hidden email]> wrote:
So we're looking at having another hackathon, only like 8 months after our last one. =) We're thinking of having it at http://hackerdojo.pbworks.com, in Mountain View, CA, some weekend day in mid-to-late March. Currently, the consensus on the IRC channel is tending towards either Saturday, March 20th, or Sunday, March 21st. If you're in the Bay Area or feel like coming to the Bay Area for this, which date works best for you?

A.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

Sankaran, Nambi
Can we have the hackathon on a friday?
________________________________________
From: Andrew Bayer [[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:20 PM
To: users; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

I've put up a wiki entry on the Hackathon: http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Hudson+Bay+Area+Hackathon+2.0

A.

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Andrew Bayer <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
So we're looking at having another hackathon, only like 8 months after our last one. =) We're thinking of having it at http://hackerdojo.pbworks.com, in Mountain View, CA, some weekend day in mid-to-late March. Currently, the consensus on the IRC channel is tending towards either Saturday, March 20th, or Sunday, March 21st. If you're in the Bay Area or feel like coming to the Bay Area for this, which date works best for you?

A.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

R. Tyler Croy

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Sankaran, Nambi wrote:

> Can we have the hackathon on a friday?

The main problem with having it on a Friday is that a lot of folks wouldn't be
able to take off from work (myself included). My work with Hudson is more in the
hobby realm than professional, so I couldn't get it "work sanctioned" either :/


I did a lot of the footwork behind the first Bay Area meetup last July in San
Francisco (http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/BayAreaMeetup) and a lot of
the meetup hinged on having it over the weekend (timing both for the venue,
Slide's offices, and participants)


That said, a friday afternoon/evening hackathon leading into a saturday general
meetup/hackathon would be fun :D


Cheers,
-R. Tyler Ballance
--------------------------------------
 Jabber: [hidden email]
 GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
   Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com


attachment0 (205 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

Sankaran, Nambi
Its a great idea to have a friday afternoon/evening hackathon leading into a saturday general
meetup/hackathon.

________________________________________
From: R. Tyler Ballance [[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:37 PM
To: Sankaran, Nambi
Cc: [hidden email]; users
Subject: Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Sankaran, Nambi wrote:

> Can we have the hackathon on a friday?

The main problem with having it on a Friday is that a lot of folks wouldn't be
able to take off from work (myself included). My work with Hudson is more in the
hobby realm than professional, so I couldn't get it "work sanctioned" either :/


I did a lot of the footwork behind the first Bay Area meetup last July in San
Francisco (http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/BayAreaMeetup) and a lot of
the meetup hinged on having it over the weekend (timing both for the venue,
Slide's offices, and participants)


That said, a friday afternoon/evening hackathon leading into a saturday general
meetup/hackathon would be fun :D


Cheers,
-R. Tyler Ballance
--------------------------------------
 Jabber: [hidden email]
 GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
   Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2
Sankaran, Nambi wrote:
> Its a great idea to have a friday afternoon/evening hackathon leading into a saturday general
> meetup/hackathon.

I'd be very happy to have it two days, with different people coming in
different days. I'm happy to arrange the hosting in the Sun campus.


> ________________________________________
> From: R. Tyler Ballance [[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:37 PM
> To: Sankaran, Nambi
> Cc: [hidden email]; users
> Subject: Re: Hudson Hackathon 2.0 - coming soon!
>
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Sankaran, Nambi wrote:
>
>> Can we have the hackathon on a friday?
>
> The main problem with having it on a Friday is that a lot of folks wouldn't be
> able to take off from work (myself included). My work with Hudson is more in the
> hobby realm than professional, so I couldn't get it "work sanctioned" either :/
>
>
> I did a lot of the footwork behind the first Bay Area meetup last July in San
> Francisco (http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/BayAreaMeetup) and a lot of
> the meetup hinged on having it over the weekend (timing both for the venue,
> Slide's offices, and participants)
>
>
> That said, a friday afternoon/evening hackathon leading into a saturday general
> meetup/hackathon would be fun :D
>
>
> Cheers,
> -R. Tyler Ballance
> --------------------------------------
>  Jabber: [hidden email]
>  GitHub: http://github.com/rtyler
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/agentdero
>    Blog: http://unethicalblogger.com
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]