Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

tzach solomon
Hi All,

I'm trying to solve JENKINS-52577 - CHANGE_ variables are missing and I was wondering what is the correct approach to inject the the bitbucket payload (which is a string) into the environment variables (later to be used by the jenkinsfile multibranch pipeline).
I've seen example for EnvironmentContributingAction but I was wondering if it is the correct approach.

Thanks in advance,
Tzach

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAC19wgL8y2K5uvN0nzfcoe9nMfK1kw_pQN%3DzCN_OtBtwJi%3DB4A%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

Jesse Glick-4
On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 9:27 AM tzach solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to solve JENKINS-52577

Responded in Jira.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr2SkDcOO1J2N%3D4ZH9b6Mm1Ofi7UOTak8HkcfeQjC%3DTggQ%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

tzach solomon
Thanks Jesse for the quick response :)

Just for my curiosity, what is the proper way to inject environment variables into a pipeline?

- Tzach



On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 5:18 PM Jesse Glick <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 9:27 AM tzach solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm trying to solve JENKINS-52577

Responded in Jira.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr2SkDcOO1J2N%3D4ZH9b6Mm1Ofi7UOTak8HkcfeQjC%3DTggQ%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAC19wgKK1CeaR5pvZtW9C%3D%3D27KUACZH5nSOO2UPObuWUnkmkGA%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

Jesse Glick-4
On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM tzach solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just for my curiosity, what is the proper way to inject environment variables into a pipeline?

Depends on which variables and why you are injecting them and when.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr1UQGf7UCtFZjO%3DqiAbuswOjgPDzb42yKacUw0sMoNfLw%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Inject environment variables into Multibranch pipeline

tzach solomon
:)

Cool, thanks :)

- Tzach

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 6:19 PM Jesse Glick <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 10:26 AM tzach solomon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just for my curiosity, what is the proper way to inject environment variables into a pipeline?

Depends on which variables and why you are injecting them and when.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr1UQGf7UCtFZjO%3DqiAbuswOjgPDzb42yKacUw0sMoNfLw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAC19wg%2BPPA1ciVXnHvFZJyJgBGihjVagz9uSAJsWkpWUcgjREg%40mail.gmail.com.