Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža-2
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2017-09-13.

Report your findings in this thread or on the test plan wiki page.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.73.1/jenkins.war
Check community maintained LTS test plan
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.73.x+RC+Testing

Thanks
--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/44cba1b8-e653-3ab3-3383-eb63d8e004f1%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2
Oliver,

I'm seeing behavioral differences in ssh between the 2.73.1 release candidate.  For example, one of my agents using an ed25519 private key starts correctly from 2.60.3, but does not start from 2.73.1 release candidate.  

I've seen two cases where JGit based ssh protocol cloning of a remote repository fails on 2.73.1 release candidate when it consistently succeeds on 2.60.3.

I don't have enough information for good bug reports on those issues yet.  I'll gather that tomorrow night.

Can someone confirm that there have been changes in ssh communication between 2.60.3 and 2.73.1?  If there have been no changes, or few changes, then I need to focus my investigation differently than if there are known changes in ssh between those two releases.

Mark Waite

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:29 AM Oliver Gondža <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2017-09-13.

Report your findings in this thread or on the test plan wiki page.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.73.1/jenkins.war
Check community maintained LTS test plan
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.73.x+RC+Testing

Thanks
--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/44cba1b8-e653-3ab3-3383-eb63d8e004f1%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtFwTEe%2BTTKa0fOaa_E7rUhd7RSFYRZF8xKoup1P%2B000Eg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Jesse Glick-4
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've seen two cases where JGit based ssh protocol cloning of a remote
> repository fails on 2.73.1 release candidate when it consistently succeeds
> on 2.60.3.

You should be able to bisect then, and identify the first version to
display the problem. From there it is probably obvious which changelog
entry to look at.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr0g05sapPsZrTkHZf9voQmEM-iKOBXrD0_yrH67%3DjdyNA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2


On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Jesse Glick <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've seen two cases where JGit based ssh protocol cloning of a remote
> repository fails on 2.73.1 release candidate when it consistently succeeds
> on 2.60.3.

You should be able to bisect then, and identify the first version to
display the problem. From there it is probably obvious which changelog
entry to look at.


Thanks for the suggestion (and the amazing power of docker to construct complex scenarios with trivial effort).

The mistake is mine.  I decided to evaluate JGit 4.8.0 at the same time I was evaluating Jenkins 2.73.1 pre-release.  The problem is either in JGit 4.8.0 or in the git client plugin calls to JGit 4.8.0.  When I switch back to the released version of the git client plugin, the problem is resolved.

I don't know why it was specifically two cases with a single git hosting vendor, and not with any of the other hosting vendors, but I'll take a bug detection any way I can get it.

No issue for the 2.73.1 release candidate.

Mark Waite
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr0g05sapPsZrTkHZf9voQmEM-iKOBXrD0_yrH67%3DjdyNA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtFUvdY9-jgSAJmP%2Bhwa_iDhi1DzVDA1NMgkkqguxLH_8w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža-2
I have reverted remoting back to version 3.10 and pushed another RC asking Mark to retest.

Relevant issue https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46754

--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/191467ae-0ddb-4cec-a047-f3e824da4db0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2
I reported JENKINS-46754 - 2.73.1 RC agent won't start if using ed25519 passphrase protected key and have explored it further.

The bug is unrelated to the remoting version.  The change which Oliver made (at my request) to switch from remoting 3.11 to remoting 3.10 did not change the behavior of that bug.

I recommend we return the 2.73.1 LTS to remoting 3.11.  My initial testing was with remoting 3.11, and the issue I detected (JENKINS-46754) was only with ed25519 passphrase protected private keys on two of my machines (but not on the other four tested machines).  Agents started with rsa private keys (with or without passphrase) and DSA private keys (with or without passphrase) are unaffected.  Agents started with ed25519 private keys successfully on 4 of my 6 configurations. 

I still don't understand the root of the behavioral differences noted in JENKINS-46574.  Hours and hours of testing on multiple platforms with many different test cases has not shown any new or unexpected issues beyond the ed25519 inconsistency that I've been studying.

Those machines which show the inconsistency also show a JGit clone failure when using an ed25519 private key to access the repository.  That seems (to me) to point to a difference in a library version, but I can't explain why only 2 of the 6 tested machines behave that way.

Mark Waite

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 2:25 AM ogondza <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have reverted remoting back to version 3.10 and pushed another RC asking Mark to retest.

Relevant issue https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46754

--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/191467ae-0ddb-4cec-a047-f3e824da4db0%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtFsYkXUMJCd19nKfavjzsPC3E11zhFuW3p%2BVMBgoh4r4g%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža-2
Mark, Thanks for the extensive testing. Despite the fact his was not
confirmed as remoting problem, I am leaving the remoting version bump
reverted so the version will be 3.10 in LTS 2.73.1 and the candidate
will be reconsidered for .2. So the current RC is what we will release
on Wednesday in case people have cycles to pour some more testing into it.

On 2017-09-12 00:02, Mark Waite wrote:

> I reported JENKINS-46754 - 2.73.1 RC agent won't start if using ed25519
> passphrase protected key
> <https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46754> and have explored
> it further.
>
> The bug is unrelated to the remoting version.  The change which Oliver
> made (at my request) to switch from remoting 3.11 to remoting 3.10 did
> not change the behavior of that bug.
>
> I recommend we return the 2.73.1 LTS to remoting 3.11.  My initial
> testing was with remoting 3.11, and the issue I detected (JENKINS-46754)
> was only with ed25519 passphrase protected private keys on two of my
> machines (but not on the other four tested machines).  Agents started
> with rsa private keys (with or without passphrase) and DSA private keys
> (with or without passphrase) are unaffected.  Agents started with
> ed25519 private keys successfully on 4 of my 6 configurations.
>
> I still don't understand the root of the behavioral differences noted in
> JENKINS-46574.  Hours and hours of testing on multiple platforms with
> many different test cases has not shown any new or unexpected issues
> beyond the ed25519 inconsistency that I've been studying.
>
> Those machines which show the inconsistency also show a JGit clone
> failure when using an ed25519 private key to access the repository.  
> That seems (to me) to point to a difference in a library version, but I
> can't explain why only 2 of the 6 tested machines behave that way.
>
> Mark Waite
>
> On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 2:25 AM ogondza <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I have reverted remoting back to version 3.10 and pushed another RC
>     asking Mark to retest.
>
>     Relevant issue https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46754
>
>     --
>     oliver


--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/0b6da081-f918-5db2-b221-29f71c5f29fe%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Oleg Nenashev
In reply to this post by Oliver Gondža-2
Hi,

Unfortunately I had no time to deploy the RC on my test instance due to conferences. So I have no testing results

Regarding Remoting, there is a regression in 3.10 - JENKINS-45755. Effectively it prevents channel from being established for SSH agents when Jenkins master's JAR Cache cannot be created (e.g. directory is not writable). I am not sure how many users this defect is going to affect, I will let my colleagues to comment.

I have created a pull request today. If we agree the defect is urgent enough, I will be able to spin 3.10.1 on Thursday, ~10AM UTC. Please respond if such release is required.

BR, Oleg

вторник, 5 сентября 2017 г., 12:29:44 UTC+1 пользователь ogondza написал:
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2017-09-13.

Report your findings in this thread or on the test plan wiki page.

Download bits from
<a href="http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.73.1/jenkins.war" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmirrors.jenkins-ci.org%2Fwar-stable-rc%2F2.73.1%2Fjenkins.war\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGqButTPCmAAnLwyIjtAB-c89-C6w&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmirrors.jenkins-ci.org%2Fwar-stable-rc%2F2.73.1%2Fjenkins.war\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNGqButTPCmAAnLwyIjtAB-c89-C6w&#39;;return true;">http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.73.1/jenkins.war
Check community maintained LTS test plan
<a href="https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.73.x+RC+Testing" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwiki.jenkins-ci.org%2Fdisplay%2FJENKINS%2FLTS%2B2.73.x%2BRC%2BTesting\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFM5TFzDKyOht8_N9aOSwwh2cwrsQ&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fwiki.jenkins-ci.org%2Fdisplay%2FJENKINS%2FLTS%2B2.73.x%2BRC%2BTesting\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFM5TFzDKyOht8_N9aOSwwh2cwrsQ&#39;;return true;">https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.73.x+RC+Testing

Thanks
--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/790c9f18-9ba8-4a0e-9f7e-9a45f2defd7a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

vlatombe
Regarding JENKINS-45755, affected users will be those running Jenkins with a non-writable user home directory (like a service user for the issue logger).
This is a more common situation in Docker environment, in cases you have to run Jenkins as a specific uid in order to mount a nfs directory with specific permissions as JENKINS_HOME. In this case, the user doesn't even have a user home directory.

Vincent

2017-09-13 12:02 GMT+02:00 Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

Unfortunately I had no time to deploy the RC on my test instance due to conferences. So I have no testing results

Regarding Remoting, there is a regression in 3.10 - JENKINS-45755. Effectively it prevents channel from being established for SSH agents when Jenkins master's JAR Cache cannot be created (e.g. directory is not writable). I am not sure how many users this defect is going to affect, I will let my colleagues to comment.

I have created a pull request today. If we agree the defect is urgent enough, I will be able to spin 3.10.1 on Thursday, ~10AM UTC. Please respond if such release is required.

BR, Oleg

вторник, 5 сентября 2017 г., 12:29:44 UTC+1 пользователь ogondza написал:
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2017-09-13.

Report your findings in this thread or on the test plan wiki page.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.73.1/jenkins.war
Check community maintained LTS test plan
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.73.x+RC+Testing

Thanks
--
oliver

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/790c9f18-9ba8-4a0e-9f7e-9a45f2defd7a%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAH-zGCi%2BkNa0KbC14PZRhTLhJra%3DYejD%2B%3DbsN1EOrb9mL%3Db5gg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Daniel Beck

> On 13. Sep 2017, at 12:11, Vincent Latombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Docker environment

Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/AFB627B6-2115-4486-94B7-812D301C6239%40beckweb.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

vlatombe
2017-09-13 12:40 GMT+02:00 Daniel Beck <[hidden email]>:

> On 13. Sep 2017, at 12:11, Vincent Latombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Docker environment

Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?

I created a reproducer (in the ticket) using only the official Jenkins Docker image.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAH-zGCgJvv7P5DAQMmnorCcW2UzJoOXK7CzKfjrgPqfPz1L59w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Andres Rodriguez-2
Hi,

In case the issue is finally considered severe enough to be included in .1, I just wanted to point out that we completed out testing with the rc before remoting was retracted from 3.11 to 3.10 and found no issues, in case it helps in deciding whether (and where) a backport is needed.

Thanks 

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Vincent Latombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
2017-09-13 12:40 GMT+02:00 Daniel Beck <[hidden email]>:

> On 13. Sep 2017, at 12:11, Vincent Latombe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Docker environment

Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?

I created a reproducer (in the ticket) using only the official Jenkins Docker image.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAH-zGCgJvv7P5DAQMmnorCcW2UzJoOXK7CzKfjrgPqfPz1L59w%40mail.gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.



--
Regards,

Andres Rodriguez

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAM9%3DZ%2B46DW9L6V-9gox8d5-vcRhJ8EBw8On77amQJtHzjcBktg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Jesse Glick-4
In reply to this post by vlatombe
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Vincent Latombe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?
>
> I created a reproducer (in the ticket) using only the official Jenkins
> Docker image.

IIUC we can simply patch the image to either have a writable `$HOME`,
or specify an explicit `-workDir`, so that most users are not
affected—right?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr1ZVmt2DsZ0par%2B69Whq_ONnwJqng3im1ds1WVOATggUA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2
I'd prefer that we deliver 2.73.1 LTS with remoting 3.11.  I don't see the benefit of remaining with 3.10.

The cases I tested showed no difference between remoting 3.10 and remoting 3.11, and there is a known regression in remoting 3.10 which is fixed in remoting 3.11.

Mark Waite

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:06 AM Jesse Glick <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Vincent Latombe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?
>
> I created a reproducer (in the ticket) using only the official Jenkins
> Docker image.

IIUC we can simply patch the image to either have a writable `$HOME`,
or specify an explicit `-workDir`, so that most users are not
affected—right?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr1ZVmt2DsZ0par%2B69Whq_ONnwJqng3im1ds1WVOATggUA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtECrTrk15%2BWoXnexNq9vDJ8kSnx9LroAA25aBVSpjezng%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

vlatombe
In reply to this post by Jesse Glick-4
2017-09-13 16:06 GMT+02:00 Jesse Glick <[hidden email]>:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Vincent Latombe
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is this going to be a problem in the official Jenkins Docker images?
>
> I created a reproducer (in the ticket) using only the official Jenkins
> Docker image.

IIUC we can simply patch the image to either have a writable `$HOME`,
or specify an explicit `-workDir`, so that most users are not
affected—right?

The workaround I have applied in my product is to force set user.home (to $JENKINS_HOME) when launching Jenkins.
-workDir can't be specified for a master. This flag is only available when launching the remoting jar, not when it is called by creating a channel on master side.
 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAH-zGCioZgZ6SCj-jZjJGfuF3DDntmsV81W5Wg7P94Ss_jTE2w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Jesse Glick-4
In reply to this post by Mark Waite-2
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> there is a known regression in remoting 3.10 which is fixed in
> remoting 3.11.

Which? Not JENKINS-45755.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr0fXc55FPbHfDrMsazg3uUa%2BxKkyQBe3%3Df%2BwRna4QxmKA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2


On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:16 AM Jesse Glick <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> there is a known regression in remoting 3.10 which is fixed in
> remoting 3.11.

Which? Not JENKINS-45755.


Did I misunderstand Oleg's earlier statement?  He said:

Regarding Remoting, there is a regression in 3.10 - JENKINS-45755. Effectively it prevents channel from being established for SSH agents when Jenkins master's JAR Cache cannot be created (e.g. directory is not writable). I am not sure how many users this defect is going to affect, I will let my colleagues to comment. 

Mark Waite
 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr0fXc55FPbHfDrMsazg3uUa%2BxKkyQBe3%3Df%2BwRna4QxmKA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtEvP-c0WAZ7xm9ZGwW7gcZt_Zg3ck9%2Bo5Cf9b-ndKgwrA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Jesse Glick-4
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did I misunderstand Oleg's earlier statement?

He said there was a regression in 3.10. He did not say it was fixed in
3.11. The proposed fix is still under review.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr23ZJbhSstQaunZMsikjaB1iuOrFVV7%3DsyThOxovfm%2B4Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Oleg Nenashev
Yes. Regression is in 3.10, but it has not been fixed in 3.11
Release of 3.12 is required to fix this regression.

My plan is to spin it tomorrow.

Regarding just updating LTS, note that 3.11 includes new API changes. Although they a minor, I am not sure that just bumping the version is safe enough.



2017-09-13 15:23 GMT+01:00 Jesse Glick <[hidden email]>:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did I misunderstand Oleg's earlier statement?

He said there was a regression in 3.10. He did not say it was fixed in
3.11. The proposed fix is still under review.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/uv2SG7k2log/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr23ZJbhSstQaunZMsikjaB1iuOrFVV7%3DsyThOxovfm%2B4Q%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLB2%3DBQhQngvwY8q8C_tW2G4VgBbjVMH_UomiSVBZak9fw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins 2.73.1 LTS RC testing started

Mark Waite-2


On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 8:24 AM Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes. Regression is in 3.10, but it has not been fixed in 3.11
Release of 3.12 is required to fix this regression.

My plan is to spin it tomorrow.

Regarding just updating LTS, note that 3.11 includes new API changes. Although they a minor, I am not sure that just bumping the version is safe enough.



Thanks for the clarificaiton.  I retract my preference for remoting 3.11.

Mark Waite

 


2017-09-13 15:23 GMT+01:00 Jesse Glick <[hidden email]>:
On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Mark Waite <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did I misunderstand Oleg's earlier statement?

He said there was a regression in 3.10. He did not say it was fixed in
3.11. The proposed fix is still under review.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/uv2SG7k2log/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLB2%3DBQhQngvwY8q8C_tW2G4VgBbjVMH_UomiSVBZak9fw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAO49JtFL1J6i4SS6%3DCFWfBPGp6jnJ%3DAnBb1E5NvrmqOzRZuYtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
12