Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Bartłomiej Antoniak
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view
Jenkins Operator project https://github.com/jenkinsci/kubernetes-operator

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/c4dfc7c1-e20f-4883-a020-79ce0ea3edb6n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Kara de la Marck
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/47c232a9-8d07-4c12-ad95-5fa2d9383ba2n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Oleg Nenashev
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/f58d9745-d989-49f0-ac46-33f64c30c113n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Bartłomiej Antoniak
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Kara de la Marck
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BSgUiycf2XVeHw29QTeMSMs%2Bi6DCrLbca0BUzbtY-m%3Djy%2Bjmw%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Bartłomiej Antoniak
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/dd548cc6-715d-4e56-9ef0-cd49216c726en%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Kara de la Marck
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek, for presenting this Friday on the history of Jenkins Operator.

In terms of GSoC, we would love to have a proposal on this topic. Please note that deadlines are rapidly approaching. As an organization, the GSoC proposal is due this Friday and we will likely submit on Thursday. That being said, your proposal can be further developed after this week. Having a draft proposal in this week helps GSoC gauge how many funded mentoring 'slots' the Jenkins project needs for GSoC.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kara

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/dd548cc6-715d-4e56-9ef0-cd49216c726en%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BSgUiyFzLBunnB%3DnvqQpVg4ZVULxsJH1MEJ8FpnTDx6CBqFrw%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Bartłomiej Antoniak
Hi Kara,

Please find GSoC 2021 proposal here https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4122
Let me know if anything more is needed. I can add some additional information later today. 

See you tomorrow at SIG meeting. 

Regards,
Bartek

środa, 17 lutego 2021 o 11:35:26 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek, for presenting this Friday on the history of Jenkins Operator.

In terms of GSoC, we would love to have a proposal on this topic. Please note that deadlines are rapidly approaching. As an organization, the GSoC proposal is due this Friday and we will likely submit on Thursday. That being said, your proposal can be further developed after this week. Having a draft proposal in this week helps GSoC gauge how many funded mentoring 'slots' the Jenkins project needs for GSoC.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kara

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/efa02e7b-49f4-4ee7-be9a-f25cc9e6c8ecn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Kara de la Marck
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek. Your proposed GSoC project idea looks great. 

I've left a note on the PR re the build failing. I believe it is because each proposed mentor needs an author bio listing on the site. As an example, please see: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/commit/955a7e42d2f2a6b7c72a931a77879a4ae2b8a19f

Best wishes,
Kara

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Please find GSoC 2021 proposal here https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4122
Let me know if anything more is needed. I can add some additional information later today. 

See you tomorrow at SIG meeting. 

Regards,
Bartek

środa, 17 lutego 2021 o 11:35:26 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek, for presenting this Friday on the history of Jenkins Operator.

In terms of GSoC, we would love to have a proposal on this topic. Please note that deadlines are rapidly approaching. As an organization, the GSoC proposal is due this Friday and we will likely submit on Thursday. That being said, your proposal can be further developed after this week. Having a draft proposal in this week helps GSoC gauge how many funded mentoring 'slots' the Jenkins project needs for GSoC.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kara

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/efa02e7b-49f4-4ee7-be9a-f25cc9e6c8ecn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BSgUiy2btWcBxEZQoP-Kh40L1LSxrmp832EYhTEO3AzO6A3Ug%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Kara de la Marck
Hi Bartek,

Good news! The Jenkins project has been accepted into GSoC 2021 as part of the Continuous Delivery Foundation GSoC organization.

I would like to invite you and your colleagues who have volunteered to mentor to join our GSoC org as mentors. To do so, I need your email address and those of your colleagues.

Could you reply directly to my cloudbees email address with your preferred email address for GSoC and the same for Sylwia Brant and Jakub Al-Khalili.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 5:49 PM Kara de la Marck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek. Your proposed GSoC project idea looks great. 

I've left a note on the PR re the build failing. I believe it is because each proposed mentor needs an author bio listing on the site. As an example, please see: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/commit/955a7e42d2f2a6b7c72a931a77879a4ae2b8a19f

Best wishes,
Kara

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Please find GSoC 2021 proposal here https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4122
Let me know if anything more is needed. I can add some additional information later today. 

See you tomorrow at SIG meeting. 

Regards,
Bartek

środa, 17 lutego 2021 o 11:35:26 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek, for presenting this Friday on the history of Jenkins Operator.

In terms of GSoC, we would love to have a proposal on this topic. Please note that deadlines are rapidly approaching. As an organization, the GSoC proposal is due this Friday and we will likely submit on Thursday. That being said, your proposal can be further developed after this week. Having a draft proposal in this week helps GSoC gauge how many funded mentoring 'slots' the Jenkins project needs for GSoC.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kara

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/efa02e7b-49f4-4ee7-be9a-f25cc9e6c8ecn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BSgUizKnFuyWOAN0P_tQ%2BLTfggKjmadFQzJfXWfVrLjJ1OJ6g%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Jenkins Operator project - further steps

Bartłomiej Antoniak
Hi Kara,

That's a great news! Thank you :)
Will send you all details shortly.

Regards,
Bartek

wt., 9 mar 2021 o 21:50 Kara de la Marck <[hidden email]> napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Good news! The Jenkins project has been accepted into GSoC 2021 as part of the Continuous Delivery Foundation GSoC organization.

I would like to invite you and your colleagues who have volunteered to mentor to join our GSoC org as mentors. To do so, I need your email address and those of your colleagues.

Could you reply directly to my cloudbees email address with your preferred email address for GSoC and the same for Sylwia Brant and Jakub Al-Khalili.

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Kara de la Marck

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 5:49 PM Kara de la Marck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek. Your proposed GSoC project idea looks great. 

I've left a note on the PR re the build failing. I believe it is because each proposed mentor needs an author bio listing on the site. As an example, please see: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/commit/955a7e42d2f2a6b7c72a931a77879a4ae2b8a19f

Best wishes,
Kara

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Please find GSoC 2021 proposal here https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4122
Let me know if anything more is needed. I can add some additional information later today. 

See you tomorrow at SIG meeting. 

Regards,
Bartek

środa, 17 lutego 2021 o 11:35:26 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Excellent! Thank you, Bartek, for presenting this Friday on the history of Jenkins Operator.

In terms of GSoC, we would love to have a proposal on this topic. Please note that deadlines are rapidly approaching. As an organization, the GSoC proposal is due this Friday and we will likely submit on Thursday. That being said, your proposal can be further developed after this week. Having a draft proposal in this week helps GSoC gauge how many funded mentoring 'slots' the Jenkins project needs for GSoC.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kara

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 8:58 AM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Kara,

Sure, I can give a brief talk this Friday, shouldn't take more than 15-20 mins. 
In terms of GSoC, let me talk to the team and find some interesting topics within the project space.

Regards,
Bartek

poniedziałek, 15 lutego 2021 o 16:26:57 UTC+1 [hidden email] napisał(a):
Hi Bartek,

Excellent! We welcome your presentation on the history of the Jenkins Operator project at the Cloud Native SIG meeting. You may present this Friday if you are available, or at a following SIG meeting. The Cloud Native SIG will be hosted this Friday by my colleague Mark Waite. 

Additionally, we'd be very pleased to accept the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. 
Please submit a PR for the proposed GSoC project to join those listed here:  https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/
More information on submitting GSoC project ideas can be found here: https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/12/16/call-for-mentors/

The trademark issue does not impede in any way moving forward with the Jenkins Operator as a proposed GSoC project idea. My understanding is that the Linux Foundation's Trademark policy can be found here: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/trademark-usage/
How the Linux Foundation Trademark policy impacts the Jenkins project is encapsulated here: https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4030/files

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck


On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 1:28 PM 'Bartłomiej Antoniak' via Jenkins Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 
Yes, I'm happy to give a 15-20min talk. Please confirm the next SIG date when you decide so I'll start with some preparation. 

@Oleg Thanks! The trademark issue has been resolved, apologies for missing the older blog post (already fixed). Indeed we started some conversation back in 2019, however due to private, and project issues we couldn't spend more time on this. 
With dedicated team, we can finally invest more into this field.

I'd appreciate more information on becoming Jenkins sub project and alignment with Jenkins roadmap as a prerequisites to continue the effort towards CD.Foundation membership.

Regards,
Bartek

sobota, 13 lutego 2021 o 15:32:40 UTC+1 Oleg Nenashev napisał(a):
Hi,

Thanks for joining the SIG meeting! And sorry for missing it due to the medical leave. It is great to see the discussion happening, and any alignment with the Jenkins community and CDF is more than welcome. We started similar discussions last spring with Tomasz, and it old be great to continue them.

As discussed in the separate threads, resolving the trademark issue in https://virtuslab.com/jenkins-operator-service-on-azure/ is IMHO a prerequisite for further alignment of the Jenkins Operation as a sub-project. With the Jenkins trademark being finally transferred to the Linux Foundation, this topic becomes more important for the community and the Jenkins board.

BR, Oleg

On Friday, February 12, 2021 at 2:40:22 PM UTC+1 [hidden email] wrote:
Hi Bartek,

This is very interesting. I look forward to helping this project develop!  Would you like to present on the history of the Jenkins Kubernetes Operator at today's Cloud Native SIG, or a following SIG meeting? 

We put your presentation as an action item, but have not yet assigned a date.

Kind regards,
Kara
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 2:36:03 PM UTC [hidden email] wrote:
Hi everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I’m Cloud Engineering Manager at VirtusLab. I’m responsible for the cloud-native landscape within the company - which includes our involvement with Jenkins Operator. I’d love to be more active as part of this initiative and community engagement in general.

I'd like to kick off the conversation about future of Jenkins Operator project and keep it here in a single place. We initially discussed this topic during the last Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meeting. 

We came to the following conclusions:
  • Jenkins Operator becoming sub-project in Jenkins (may require another JEP)
  • Participate in GSoC 2021 (VirtusLab likely can commit mentors)
  • Jenkins Operator joining CD.Foundation project's portfolio alongside with VirtusLab as general member to bring more expertise in this field
  • Define steering committee and governance board for the project (including CD.Foundation)
Jenkins Cloud Native SIG Meetings https://hackmd.io/7uB6FuEqQAOp_-blPGykzA?view

I'd appreciate more details on individual actions listed above and all other aspects related to community alignment. 

Regards,
Bartek

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/ea091841-2520-40a5-b3d4-3f1e547b6f3dn%40googlegroups.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/efa02e7b-49f4-4ee7-be9a-f25cc9e6c8ecn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BSgUizKnFuyWOAN0P_tQ%2BLTfggKjmadFQzJfXWfVrLjJ1OJ6g%40mail.gmail.com.

Email correspondence is considered personal data processing. Check out our Privacy Policy for details about the controller of your data and your rights according to GDPR/RODO.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAEWeEB0_5NrgRsOQYmLAJ_B18NZDo15qfupyudEbJNuK7OZc-w%40mail.gmail.com.