Please Help me for some queries...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Please Help me for some queries...

Amit Chudasama

 
Hi All,
 
I have some queries/problems related to Hudson. Please guide me for this.
 
I have created a job that check out a module from CVS and run an ant command on the check-out folder.
 
1. Now,  How can I run a ant command from a subfolder of folder that I had checkout from CVS.
 
2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it saying "not exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
 
3. Hudson sends mail only on failure or on the first success after failures, but I want all time email means all the successes too. Can I configure this?
 
4. I have used a USERNAME and COMPUTERNAME environment variable in my ant task, the COMPUTERNAME replaced by my computername by Hudson but Hudson is not recognizing USERNAME variable. Why so.?
 
5. Also, Can I create template like file to create new build job.?
 
Please help in this regard.

Regards,
Amit Chudasama, System Analyst
Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.(An SEI-CMMI Level 5 Company)
Pune, India
Phone(O): 66041700, Ext.3331
Fax: 91-20-66041701
Mobile: 91-9823873880
“Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.”
www.cybage.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG)
Hi Amit,

1) You can pass a -f  <path>/build.xml parameter in the ant build
targets field to specify an other buildfile. Is this what you are
looking for?
2) Are you sure this is hudson specific? Can you test this on your
commandline? I remember something about mapped drives and java ...
3) Afaik, this is currently not possible. You can either extend your
buildscript so it send the email by itself or ask Kohsuke to extend the
email notification feature.
4) No idea ;) How do you access the environment vars in your script?
5) Create a new job, name it e.g. Template and disable it after
configuraton. When creating a new job, use the copy feature.

Regards,
 Stephan

Amit Chudasama schrieb:

>
>  
>
>     Hi All,
>      
>     I have some queries/problems related to Hudson. Please guide me
>     for this.
>      
>     I have created a job that check out a module from CVS and run an
>     ant command on the check-out folder.
>      
>     1. Now,  How can I run a ant command from a subfolder of folder
>     that I had checkout from CVS.
>      
>     2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
>     reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it saying
>     "not exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
>      
>     3. Hudson sends mail only on failure or on the first success after
>     failures, but I want all time email means all the successes too.
>     Can I configure this?
>      
>     4. I have used a USERNAME and COMPUTERNAME environment variable in
>     my ant task, the COMPUTERNAME replaced by my computername by
>     Hudson but Hudson is not recognizing USERNAME variable. Why so.?
>      
>     5. Also, Can I create template like file to create new build job.?
>      
>     Please help in this regard.
>
>     Regards,
>     Amit Chudasama, System Analyst
>     Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.(An SEI-CMMI Level 5 Company)
>     Pune, India
>     Phone(O): 66041700, Ext.3331
>     Fax: 91-20-66041701
>     Mobile: 91-9823873880
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

stephan.zeissler.vcf (381 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Amit Chudasama
Hi Stephan,
Thanks for you quick response.

1. Yes, I have used -f / -file / -buildfile option but, what I need to do is
I want to go inside the sub directory and fire ant command as my ant build
is depended on user.dir from where it is running from.

2. Yes, Its hudson specific as hudson only says drive not exists, or else on
command line it works fine.

3. This is ok, Its not prirority for me. my ant build already sending
success/failure email.

4. ant already giving a way to use enviornment variable with "env" keyword.,
so when you use ${env.USERNAME} it should replace username of that machine.
Again , this is working fine with my command line execution.

5. Temaplate means, I need to give some people a file from which they creat
theire customize file and I just need to put that file in hudson directory.
         If you know, there is a config.xml file in every directory of jobs
under jobs directory in HUDSON_HOME.
         When I create a folder in jobs folder manually and put a config.xml
file from other job directory. Hudson treats it as a new job. I just need to
reload the configuration from "Manage Hudson"

Thanks for communicating quickly.
Amit



----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG)" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: Please Help me for some queries...


> Hi Amit,
>
> 1) You can pass a -f  <path>/build.xml parameter in the ant build
> targets field to specify an other buildfile. Is this what you are
> looking for?
> 2) Are you sure this is hudson specific? Can you test this on your
> commandline? I remember something about mapped drives and java ...
> 3) Afaik, this is currently not possible. You can either extend your
> buildscript so it send the email by itself or ask Kohsuke to extend the
> email notification feature.
> 4) No idea ;) How do you access the environment vars in your script?
> 5) Create a new job, name it e.g. Template and disable it after
> configuraton. When creating a new job, use the copy feature.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>
> Amit Chudasama schrieb:
>>
>>
>>
>>     Hi All,
>>
>>     I have some queries/problems related to Hudson. Please guide me
>>     for this.
>>
>>     I have created a job that check out a module from CVS and run an
>>     ant command on the check-out folder.
>>
>>     1. Now,  How can I run a ant command from a subfolder of folder
>>     that I had checkout from CVS.
>>
>>     2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
>>     reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it saying
>>     "not exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
>>
>>     3. Hudson sends mail only on failure or on the first success after
>>     failures, but I want all time email means all the successes too.
>>     Can I configure this?
>>
>>     4. I have used a USERNAME and COMPUTERNAME environment variable in
>>     my ant task, the COMPUTERNAME replaced by my computername by
>>     Hudson but Hudson is not recognizing USERNAME variable. Why so.?
>>
>>     5. Also, Can I create template like file to create new build job.?
>>
>>     Please help in this regard.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>     Amit Chudasama, System Analyst
>>     Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.(An SEI-CMMI Level 5 Company)
>>     Pune, India
>>     Phone(O): 66041700, Ext.3331
>>     Fax: 91-20-66041701
>>     Mobile: 91-9823873880
>>
>
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]


"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
In reply to this post by Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG)
Stephan Zeissler (KUTTIG) wrote:
> 3) Afaik, this is currently not possible. You can either extend your
> buildscript so it send the email by itself or ask Kohsuke to extend the
> email notification feature.

This is RFE #279
(https://hudson.dev.java.net/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=279), currently an
RFE with most votes.


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
In reply to this post by Amit Chudasama
Amit Chudasama wrote:
> 2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
> reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it saying "not
> exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.

Maybe the user account that Hudson is run doesn't have sufficient
privilege to access network drives?

(But then I'd expect a different error message...)

> 4. I have used a USERNAME and COMPUTERNAME environment variable in my
> ant task, the COMPUTERNAME replaced by my computername by Hudson but
> Hudson is not recognizing USERNAME variable. Why so.?

Go to http://yourserver/hudson/systemInfo and check if the container you
run Hudson in is getting those environment variables. Ant will just
inherit these environment variables, so it sounds like your container
process is for some reason not getting them.


>   5. Also, Can I create template like file to create new build job.?

Sounds like you have figured out this one.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Nord, James-2
> > 2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
> > reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it
> saying "not
> > exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
>
> Maybe the user account that Hudson is run doesn't have
> sufficient privilege to access network drives?
>

Are you running the container on windows as a service?  In which case
you will not be able to access mapped drives as the mapping is not
available to the service.

If you need network access and are running as a service use UNC path
names such as \\mycomputer\myshare  and run the service with a user that
has permissions to access the share (either the NETWORK_SERVICE user or
a normal user with "logon as a service" permissions.

/James
*********************************************************************************************************
This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the [hidden email] and destroy the original message.  Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored.  NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited Registered office: One Heathrow Boulevard, 286 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales  Registered no. 3080780   VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00
**********************************************************************************************************

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
2007/8/21, Nord, James <[hidden email]>:

> > > 2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
> > > reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it
> > saying "not
> > > exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
> >
> > Maybe the user account that Hudson is run doesn't have
> > sufficient privilege to access network drives?
> >
>
> Are you running the container on windows as a service?  In which case
> you will not be able to access mapped drives as the mapping is not
> available to the service.

Oh, so on Windows, mapped drives are per user?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Re: Re: Please Help me for some queries...

Nord, James-2
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> Sent: 21 August 2007 15:26
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Re: Please Help me for some queries...
>
> 2007/8/21, Nord, James <[hidden email]>:
> > > > 2. I am passing a properties with ant command which is having a
> > > > reference to mapped drive on my pc but Hudson refuses it
> > > saying "not
> > > > exists". If I give local drive path it works fine.
> > >
> > > Maybe the user account that Hudson is run doesn't have sufficient
> > > privilege to access network drives?
> > >
> >
> > Are you running the container on windows as a service?  In
> which case
> > you will not be able to access mapped drives as the mapping is not
> > available to the service.
>
> Oh, so on Windows, mapped drives are per user?

They are per user per session.

So I can have a drive f: mapped to \\myserver\home  and user joe can
have the same drive mapped to \\someotherserver\joe

I'm not sure at what point in the login process they get mapped and I'm
pretty sure even if the service was run as a user that had persistant
mappings set the service would not be able to see them.

/James
*********************************************************************************************************
This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the [hidden email] and destroy the original message.  Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored.  NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited Registered office: One Heathrow Boulevard, 286 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales  Registered no. 3080780   VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00
**********************************************************************************************************

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

CVS query.. (Can I checkout two modules from diffrent cvs location?)

Amit Chudasama

Hi All,


Can I check-out two different modules from two different CVS location in a
single hudson-job?
Thanks in advance.


Regards,
Amit Chudasama, System Analyst
Cybage Software Pvt. Ltd.(An SEI-CMMI Level 5 Company)
Pune, India
Phone(O): 66041700, Ext.3331
Fax: 91-20-66041701
Mobile: 91-9823873880


"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]