Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Alex Johnson
+1 I've spent a ton of time sifting through blame or repo tags, and this could also be useful for features/API updates too. At the least adding the `Released As` field would suffice

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 5:45:08 AM UTC-4, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d31157fe-e9f6-4a1e-a046-c7b93de60f0a%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Mark Waite-2
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev
I'm in favor of adding the extra field and adding the additional state.

Mark Waite

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 3:45:08 AM UTC-6, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/9d1fe704-cb60-484f-b6b4-0448943f48d2%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Jesse Glick-4
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center. IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an
intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr3BF8cn17%2Bs_5dAHzfK_%3DewW7B%3D0vSGGSiWfE_fBpGwew%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

Exactly
 
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center.

Good point. Once we have the fix, we will be able to update Jenkins Issue autoupdater to move the
issues to the "Stage Release" state instead of "Resolved".
 
(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

Nobody knows :(
Maybe we want to just remove it and merge with Resolved
 

2017-08-14 17:07 GMT+02:00 Jesse Glick <[hidden email]>:
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center. IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an
intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr3BF8cn17%2Bs_5dAHzfK_%3DewW7B%3D0vSGGSiWfE_fBpGwew%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLAx%2B8oN8dBU4a59PbrEp8ZnO_YFWBcgB2Y48uOV06_FUw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jenkins-infra] Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Daniel Beck
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev

> On 14. Aug 2017, at 11:45, Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> WDYT?

I'd be happy to add this to the workflow. Feedback seems positive, but let's wait a few more days first.

Would like to know:
- New state name? "Stage Release"
- Which transitions to add (probably from Closed, Resolved, Open, In Progress, and In Review) and what to call them.

We can probably just go with the boring but unambiguous 'Fixed and Unreleased' (new) and 'Fixed and Released' (the old 'Fixed'), and change transition labels accordingly to 'Resolve' and 'Resolve and Mark Released' or so...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/EFD2098C-1BD3-4B7F-8EC8-BE2FCEB35313%40beckweb.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Richard Bywater-2
In reply to this post by Jesse Glick-4
FWIW I think there may still be some room for resolved vs closed if you were say to make resolved mean released and then closed is once the issue has been released for a period of time and "burnt in". So one you might still be keeping an eye out for vs the other is long gone and can be "forgotten about".

Richard.

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017, 3:07 AM Jesse Glick, <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center. IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an
intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr3BF8cn17%2Bs_5dAHzfK_%3DewW7B%3D0vSGGSiWfE_fBpGwew%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAMui944iwxcaboGTRQ3j3JQH49_OLE7HdrOknudxpakXoFEOng%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Ulli Hafner
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev
 
(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

Nobody knows :(
Maybe we want to just remove it and merge with Resolved
 

Actually Closed is used to mark that an issue actually has been verified to be fixed in a released version. Normally this is done by the reporter (or in other projects by QA). 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/3D3C71A0-DE3E-4E2A-A3F8-916720E93583%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

signature.asc (506 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Ulli Hafner
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev

Am 14.08.2017 um 17:10 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:

IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.


That makes our workflow complex to understand for others. Who is responsible to move the issues from the new state to resolved? If you consider to add another state please make it optional and do not change the default (and simple) workflow for plugin authors.  

Exactly
 
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center.

Good point. Once we have the fix, we will be able to update Jenkins Issue autoupdater to move the
issues to the "Stage Release" state instead of "Resolved".

Please do not change the current behavior. Most plugin authors do not need such an overly complex workflow. We just fix some issues, make a release and move forward to the next ones. 

 
(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

Nobody knows :(
Maybe we want to just remove it and merge with Resolved
 

2017-08-14 17:07 GMT+02:00 Jesse Glick <[hidden email]>:
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center. IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an
intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr3BF8cn17%2Bs_5dAHzfK_%3DewW7B%3D0vSGGSiWfE_fBpGwew%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLAx%2B8oN8dBU4a59PbrEp8ZnO_YFWBcgB2Y48uOV06_FUw%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/BB00F70F-2A41-40B5-84A2-61E427F49969%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

signature.asc (506 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jenkins-infra] Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Ulli Hafner
In reply to this post by Daniel Beck

> Am 14.08.2017 um 17:38 schrieb Daniel Beck <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>> On 14. Aug 2017, at 11:45, Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I'd be happy to add this to the workflow. Feedback seems positive, but let's wait a few more days first.
>
> Would like to know:
> - New state name? "Stage Release“
I’m not a native speaker but Stage Release seems to be grammatically different from the other ones: Closed, Resolved, In Progress

> - Which transitions to add (probably from Closed, Resolved, Open, In Progress, and In Review) and what to call them.
>

From Closed it makes no sense for me, Closed means already released.

> We can probably just go with the boring but unambiguous 'Fixed and Unreleased' (new) and 'Fixed and Released' (the old 'Fixed'), and change transition labels accordingly to 'Resolve' and 'Resolve and Mark Released' or so…
>

Please don’t change the default names in Jira, there are so many people that use Jira in other projects.



--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/06EC0551-59F3-4308-976B-7D3FC9362901%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

signature.asc (506 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jenkins-infra] Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Daniel Beck

> On 14. Aug 2017, at 23:54, Ullrich Hafner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please don’t change the default names in Jira, there are so many people that use Jira in other projects.

I'm open to alternatives. Try to make them unambiguous though.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/4F160C4F-DD13-4B73-948F-668C77DEB0DA%40beckweb.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Jenkins-infra] Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
Hi Ulli,

Thanks for the feedback, please find my responses below

Am 14.08.2017 um 17:10 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:

IIUC this proposal would allow us to have an intermediate state between In Review and Resolved/Fixed.

That makes our workflow complex to understand for others. Who is responsible to move the issues from the new state to resolved? If you consider to add another state please make it optional and do not change the default (and simple) workflow for plugin authors. 

I do not propose to enforce this state everywhere.  My proposal is to add such state and transitions required like we previously did for "In Review". If plugin authors do not want to use the new state in their plugins, they can continue using the current transition graphs (e.g. "New" => "In Progress" => "Resolved") without any issues. The only thing they will see is an additional option in the dropdowns when they select the state to set.

Exactly
 
+1, I have seen people get confused when an issue is moved to
Resolved/Fixed after a PR is merged yet the fix is not available on
the update center.

Good point. Once we have the fix, we will be able to update Jenkins Issue autoupdater to move the
issues to the "Stage Release" state instead of "Resolved".

Please do not change the current behavior. Most plugin authors do not need such an overly complex workflow. We just fix some issues, make a release and move forward to the next ones.

We could change the flow only for particular components (Jenkins core, modules, remoting) and keep the original one for plugins.
Though I would rather prefer to have the proposed change for my plugins as well, we could meet on the middle in this case.

Would it work for you?

> Would like to know:
> - New state name? "Stage Release“

I’m not a native speaker but Stage Release seems to be grammatically different from the other ones: Closed, Resolved, In Progress
 
I am open to other name proposals.

>
> Please don’t change the default names in Jira, there are so many people that use Jira in other projects.

+1,  there is not so much benefit in renaming the existing names.
Maybe we could just name the new state as "Needs Release" or "To Be Released" or whatever.
(BTW I am not sure what the Closed resolution is for.)

Nobody knows :(
Maybe we want to just remove it and merge with Resolved
 

Actually Closed is used to mark that an issue actually has been verified to be fixed in a released version. Normally this is done by the reporter (or in other projects by QA).

Well, in Jenkins JIRA it does not happen from what I see.
I think we could keep "Resolved" and "Closed" as is for now.

BR, Oleg






 

2017-08-15 0:33 GMT+02:00 Daniel Beck <[hidden email]>:

> On 14. Aug 2017, at 23:54, Ullrich Hafner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please don’t change the default names in Jira, there are so many people that use Jira in other projects.

I'm open to alternatives. Try to make them unambiguous though.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/4F160C4F-DD13-4B73-948F-668C77DEB0DA%40beckweb.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLDj%2BBCQSts1hkdw5hzmmGG9%3Db%2Baaa4q2Mm5%3D0vf4mAbfg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

James Dumay
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.

On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:45:08 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
Hi James,
 
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.

I know you do not like the current JIRA structure, but I do not see how your comment is related to the proposal. I want to improve the current project structure, not to create a new one.

If you want to change the JIRA design and to decouple plugins to projects, feel free to do it in a separate thread

BR, Oleg


2017-08-15 9:19 GMT+02:00 James Dumay <[hidden email]>:
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.


On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:45:08 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLCg6S63UH5n-sLbSbWDOF%3DT-3Xh_1bbCy%2BmnhBGjuzV4w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

James Dumay
I am merely giving a reasonable response to the proposal, which I think is fair, given I am the component leader on projects cited as benefiting from this change. 

The tool we use already makes provisions for the problems outlined. Additional statuses will not add clarity as this is now how JIRA projects are usually used which runs contrary to user expectations of this widely used tool. 

Secondly, as someone who spends much time in JIRA who would benefit from tracking such information, the proposed fields cannot be used in conjunction with JIRA reporting functionality such as Created vs Resolved charts, which are very beneficial to those who manage triaging and tracking the health of sub-projects.


On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:34:20 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi James,
 
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.

I know you do not like the current JIRA structure, but I do not see how your comment is related to the proposal. I want to improve the current project structure, not to create a new one.

If you want to change the JIRA design and to decouple plugins to projects, feel free to do it in a separate thread

BR, Oleg


2017-08-15 9:19 GMT+02:00 James Dumay <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="kzQfaF35AQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jdu...@...>:
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.


On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:45:08 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to <a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="kzQfaF35AQAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">jenkinsci-de...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/61e48fa9-5b59-4ee8-8e2c-227376c251b7%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
Hi James,
 
I am merely giving a reasonable response to the proposal, which I think is fair, given I am the component leader on projects cited as benefiting from this change.

Well, in your previous response you gave feedback about the existing process. Correct me if I am wrong.
In the new feedback I see the response to the proposal, hence please find my response below:

The tool we use already makes provisions for the problems outlined. Additional statuses will not add clarity as this is now how JIRA projects are usually used which runs contrary to user expectations of this widely used tool.

It may be contrary for a manager (sorry, I really do not understand what's your point in this sentense), but IMHO it's a straighforward improvement for Jenkins users.
  • Before: Users were seeing changes as "Resolved", but it was not a guarantee that the change is acually delivered
  • After (in core components): When the change is Resolved, the version is available for download
As we discussed with Ulli above, as a plugin maintainer you can stick to the current flow in your components.

Secondly, as someone who spends much time in JIRA who would benefit from tracking such information, the proposed fields cannot be used in conjunction with JIRA reporting functionality such as Created vs Resolved charts, which are very beneficial to those who manage triaging and tracking the health of sub-projects.

They can be used. For such purpose there are meta-statuses like "Open". If dashboards depend on raw status (e.g. "In Progress"), they may need an update of course. If the proposal gets approved, I will make sure it's announced accordingly.
We have also added the "In Review" status according to your request one year ago, and one could grumble about the same impact on reporting. How does this request differ from your one in terms of reporting?

BR, Oleg

 

2017-08-15 10:52 GMT+02:00 James Dumay <[hidden email]>:
I am merely giving a reasonable response to the proposal, which I think is fair, given I am the component leader on projects cited as benefiting from this change. 

The tool we use already makes provisions for the problems outlined. Additional statuses will not add clarity as this is now how JIRA projects are usually used which runs contrary to user expectations of this widely used tool. 

Secondly, as someone who spends much time in JIRA who would benefit from tracking such information, the proposed fields cannot be used in conjunction with JIRA reporting functionality such as Created vs Resolved charts, which are very beneficial to those who manage triaging and tracking the health of sub-projects.


On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 6:34:20 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi James,
 
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.

I know you do not like the current JIRA structure, but I do not see how your comment is related to the proposal. I want to improve the current project structure, not to create a new one.

If you want to change the JIRA design and to decouple plugins to projects, feel free to do it in a separate thread

BR, Oleg


2017-08-15 9:19 GMT+02:00 James Dumay <[hidden email]>:
-1 JIRA was designed to have a project per software lifecycle. The fact that we have 1000 plugins in the same JENKINS project breaks all the nice things about JIRA, such as the Fixed For field and Versions, which was designed for this very problem.


On Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:45:08 PM UTC+10, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to jenkinsci-de...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a835c953-65a4-44a7-b1f0-55384d0498e9%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/61e48fa9-5b59-4ee8-8e2c-227376c251b7%40googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLARfzKV-PSZL1kKEUJDUO%2BiYiD%2BL36SUnL_mQJ9Fi8vPA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Ulli Hafner
In reply to this post by Oleg Nenashev

Am 14.08.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories
It would be awesome if the issue updater could fill in the correct value by extracting the Pom version.

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
It would be awesome if the issue updater could fill in the correct value by extracting the Pom version.

I could try to do it (download POM, read version, remove "-SNAPSHOT") in the issue updater, but it presumes that the plugin version does not change. But yes, it could be helpful.
  • CONS: It's a common case when 4.2-SNAPSHOT gets changed to 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT by the maintainer before the release in order to ship a hotfix. In such case the "Released As" field may be incorrect.
  • In such case the plugin maintainer would have to manually update tickets
Ideally we could add a maven release watcher, which updates the fields after the release by scanning commit history. It's something doable, but I'd guess we would be reimplementing an already existing Maven <Whatever> Changelog plugin engine.

Machine-readable and auto-generated changelogs would be a valiant goal for us, because we could use the data in Plugin Site/Update Manager. But it's far beyond the JIRA update proposal.

BR, Oleg


2017-08-15 12:55 GMT+02:00 Ulli Hafner <[hidden email]>:

Am 14.08.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories
It would be awesome if the issue updater could fill in the correct value by extracting the Pom version.

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAPfivLDDS7u8XPyZSBK0Aw%2BUqEpMDwbkCOFei4gLi5ZkcTCEdA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Oleg Nenashev
Hi all,

Since there is some disagreement, I have added the topic to the tomorrow's agenda
I have created a Google Doc with the proposals and incorporated comments there.

Please let me know if I've missed something

BR, Oleg


вторник, 15 августа 2017 г., 13:05:58 UTC+2 пользователь Oleg Nenashev написал:
It would be awesome if the issue updater could fill in the correct value by extracting the Pom version.

I could try to do it (download POM, read version, remove "-SNAPSHOT") in the issue updater, but it presumes that the plugin version does not change. But yes, it could be helpful.
  • CONS: It's a common case when 4.2-SNAPSHOT gets changed to 4.1.1-SNAPSHOT by the maintainer before the release in order to ship a hotfix. In such case the "Released As" field may be incorrect.
  • In such case the plugin maintainer would have to manually update tickets
Ideally we could add a maven release watcher, which updates the fields after the release by scanning commit history. It's something doable, but I'd guess we would be reimplementing an already existing Maven <Whatever> Changelog plugin engine.

Machine-readable and auto-generated changelogs would be a valiant goal for us, because we could use the data in Plugin Site/Update Manager. But it's far beyond the JIRA update proposal.

BR, Oleg


2017-08-15 12:55 GMT+02:00 Ulli Hafner <[hidden email]>:

Am 14.08.2017 um 11:45 schrieb Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

As a Jenkins user and contributor, I sometimes have difficulties when I need to understand in which release the fix is available. GitHub commit links from the bot help much, but it requires extra time to navigate across commits and UI. In Jenkins core, Remoting and my plugins I would like to make it more explicit:

I propose to...
  1. Modify workflow in the JENKINS project:
    • Add a "Stage Release" state (or whatever similar name)
    • Instead of "In Progress" => "Resolved", contributors can move integrated fixed into the "Stage Release" state.
    • It may be helpful for components which do not release the integrated fixes immediately (e.g. Core, its modules, Remoting, Stapler, Blue Ocean, other plugins)
  2. Add an optional "Released As" field to JIRA (type=String)
    • When a contributor moves the issue to "Stage release", "Resolved" or "Closed" state, an optional field appears in the dialog
    • If the field is non-empty, it will appear in the ticket header, hence users won't need to look into comments and commit histories
It would be awesome if the issue updater could fill in the correct value by extracting the Pom version.

This proposal could improve contributor and user experience, but the proposed change is opt-in.

It does not make the field/state mandatory, hence the existing flows won't be affected if the maintainers do not want to spend time on JIRA updates.


WDYT?


Thanks in advance,

Oleg

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/521bcc90-6ab0-42ec-b6b6-aeb6c225e901%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/wzc4VLplHvs/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com?utm_medium\x3demail\x26utm_source\x3dfooter&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/710C9068-A180-4F72-8CCA-6F27D09287F5%40gmail.com.

For more options, visit <a href="https://groups.google.com/d/optout" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://groups.google.com/d/optout&#39;;return true;">https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/b82bb920-667d-4820-b57d-6ec2840629f4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Proposal: Add optional "Released as" and "Stage Release" states to JIRA

Daniel Beck

> On 15. Aug 2017, at 19:58, Oleg Nenashev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Since there is some disagreement, I have added the topic to the tomorrow's agenda

We can discuss it, and perhaps work out a complete proposal, but we should not reach a conclusion there, as it excludes too many people unable to be present at the specific time.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/E0EE9A09-C581-4C69-A01E-0986A0196BF8%40beckweb.net.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
12