Question on Command line options with subversion

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Question on Command line options with subversion

dougd-2
Good Morning;

    I am curious if there is a way to specify command line options to
the subversion checkout/update command, via the Job configuration webpage.

    I realize that I could just use a script and do the processing there
for the bringover, but thought there might be something else that I am
missing.

    In particular I would like to use the  "--ignore-externals"  flag so
that I am not doing bringovers twice on certain subdirectoies.

    Thanks for you help
    Doug Donahue

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question on Command line options with subversion

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Doug Donahue wrote:

> Good Morning;
>
>     I am curious if there is a way to specify command line options to
> the subversion checkout/update command, via the Job configuration webpage.
>
>     I realize that I could just use a script and do the processing there
> for the bringover, but thought there might be something else that I am
> missing.
>
>     In particular I would like to use the  "--ignore-externals"  flag so
> that I am not doing bringovers twice on certain subdirectoies.
We don't use subversion CLI from Hudson, so letting you specify command
line options of CLI is bit difficult.

Could you file an RFE for this? I guess we can add this as an advanced
option.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question on Command line options with subversion

Pascal Bleser-4
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
> Doug Donahue wrote:
[...]
>>     In particular I would like to use the  "--ignore-externals"  flag
>> so that I am not doing bringovers twice on certain subdirectoies.
>
> We don't use subversion CLI from Hudson, so letting you specify command
> line options of CLI is bit difficult.
>
> Could you file an RFE for this? I guess we can add this as an advanced
> option.

Would be awesome to add support for using javahl (or svn command-line)
instead of svnkit, as svnkit is just plain broken on svn:externals.

cheers
- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ <[hidden email]>       <[hidden email]>
 _\_v The more things change, the more they stay insane.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFG12pMr3NMWliFcXcRAst1AJ9Uan4KhQ6ANBFYF2KdNGGBb85xIgCfZFVB
Q114s9N/JxoAr4zcVRZ56ds=
=yQhp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Question on Command line options with subversion

dougd-2
Pascal Bleser wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
  
Doug Donahue wrote:
    
[...]
  
    In particular I would like to use the  "--ignore-externals"  flag
so that I am not doing bringovers twice on certain subdirectoies.
      
We don't use subversion CLI from Hudson, so letting you specify command
line options of CLI is bit difficult.

Could you file an RFE for this? I guess we can add this as an advanced
option.
    

Would be awesome to add support for using javahl (or svn command-line)
instead of svnkit, as svnkit is just plain broken on svn:externals.

cheers
  
Thanks for the feed back, I have gone ahead and filed an RFE. I can utilize the scripting method as a work around.

    Issue # 777

    Thanks again.
    dougd

- --
  -o) Pascal Bleser     http://linux01.gwdg.de/~pbleser/
  /\\ [hidden email]       [hidden email]
 _\_v The more things change, the more they stay insane.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with SUSE - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFG12pMr3NMWliFcXcRAst1AJ9Uan4KhQ6ANBFYF2KdNGGBb85xIgCfZFVB
Q114s9N/JxoAr4zcVRZ56ds=
=yQhp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

  

Loading...