Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

Mario Jauvin
I am trying to use groovy classes found in the pipeline shared library (using @Library annotation on jenkinsfile) inside the presendScript string supplied to the emailext pipeline step.  These classes come from the src folder of the shared library (not the vars folder).  I get 
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class com.company.MyGroovyClass
 @ line 1, column 1.
   import com.company.MyGroovyClass;

Can this be done.  Remember, I do not have access to adding to the freestyle configuration for the editable email notification to add something to the class path.  Any help much appreciated.

Mario

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/60aa9cc6-2ed1-4092-bb81-cfd42f40d377o%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

slide
No, this scenario is not currently supported.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 9:46 AM Mario Jauvin <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am trying to use groovy classes found in the pipeline shared library (using @Library annotation on jenkinsfile) inside the presendScript string supplied to the emailext pipeline step.  These classes come from the src folder of the shared library (not the vars folder).  I get 
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
Script1.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class com.company.MyGroovyClass
 @ line 1, column 1.
   import com.company.MyGroovyClass;

Can this be done.  Remember, I do not have access to adding to the freestyle configuration for the editable email notification to add something to the class path.  Any help much appreciated.

Mario

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/60aa9cc6-2ed1-4092-bb81-cfd42f40d377o%40googlegroups.com.


--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVf06ReHnMFOhgd%2Bb1t-_5cdSdrtBEsOZOYpBB5cdBJpOg%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

Mario Jauvin
What is the classpath setup at that moment?  What do I have access to?

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 1:34:54 PM UTC-4, slide wrote:
No, this scenario is not currently supported.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/cca9b967-e00f-4db2-9005-80a8f85a4623o%40googlegroups.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

slide
You can set the classpath in the global configuration for email-ext.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 10:56 AM Mario Jauvin <[hidden email]> wrote:
What is the classpath setup at that moment?  What do I have access to?

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 1:34:54 PM UTC-4, slide wrote:
No, this scenario is not currently supported.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/cca9b967-e00f-4db2-9005-80a8f85a4623o%40googlegroups.com.


--

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPiUgVewSNZ2c93XDL-jb%3DdXbCwJzQ19UadbdTNhhqMnYX%2BiPA%40mail.gmail.com.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Question on email extension plugin in a pipeline step

Mario Jauvin
I did and it works.

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 2:40:44 PM UTC-4, slide wrote:
You can set the classpath in the global configuration for email-ext.


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/652f3a45-ba81-4693-9a0b-100795195fb5o%40googlegroups.com.