Regarding any data store plugin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Regarding any data store plugin

kalpanab
Hi All,

Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?



Thanks,
Kalpana
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
kalpanab wrote:
> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?

I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
such a plugin.

Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

kalpanab
Sure. Can I know your thoughts about this plugin.

Thanks,
Kalpana

kohsuke wrote
kalpanab wrote:
> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?

I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
such a plugin.

Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
In reply to this post by kalpanab
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Koshsuke,
>
> I am planning to write data store plugin.

Good! Let's move the discussion to the dev list so that we can keep this
in the archive.

> I want to use hibernate
> persistence frame work. Do you help me how do I set up environment for
> using Hibernate and Spring? I tried to copy the Hibernate and
> hibernate-spring jar files to WEB-INF/lib  under work folder. But it is
> not working. I want use persistence frame work so that will be easy to
> switch to any other DB. Can you help me to set up environment also I
> really appreciate  your thoughts about this plugin to make it useful for
> others too.

See http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Extend+Hudson and in
particular http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Plugin+tutorial for
how to get started on your plugin development.

The proper way of defining dependencies is to declare them in your
plugin POM. A number of existing plugins are doing this, so you have a
plenty of existing code to cut&paste from.




> Thanks,
> Kalpana
>
> kohsuke wrote:
>>
>> kalpanab wrote:
>>> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
>>> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?
>>
>> I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
>> such a plugin.
>>
>> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>>  
>>
> Quoted from:
> http://www.nabble.com/Regarding-any-data-store-plugin-tp24175408p24177397.html
>
>


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
In reply to this post by kalpanab
kalpanab wrote:
> Sure. Can I know your thoughts about this plugin.

Other than the fact that it's obviously a good idea for data mining and
reporting and so on, no, I don't really have anything in particular.

>
> Thanks,
> Kalpana
>
>
> kohsuke wrote:
>>
>> kalpanab wrote:
>>> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
>>> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?
>>
>> I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
>> such a plugin.
>>
>> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>>  
>>
>

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Regarding any data store plugin

Pallaka, Kesava-2
In reply to this post by Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sonar does similar kind of stuff@http://sonar.codehaus.org/, please check with sonar team.

Thanks,
Keshu

-----Original Message-----
From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:33 AM
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Regarding any data store plugin

[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi Koshsuke,
>
> I am planning to write data store plugin.

Good! Let's move the discussion to the dev list so that we can keep this
in the archive.

> I want to use hibernate
> persistence frame work. Do you help me how do I set up environment for
> using Hibernate and Spring? I tried to copy the Hibernate and
> hibernate-spring jar files to WEB-INF/lib  under work folder. But it is
> not working. I want use persistence frame work so that will be easy to
> switch to any other DB. Can you help me to set up environment also I
> really appreciate  your thoughts about this plugin to make it useful for
> others too.

See http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Extend+Hudson and in
particular http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Plugin+tutorial for
how to get started on your plugin development.

The proper way of defining dependencies is to declare them in your
plugin POM. A number of existing plugins are doing this, so you have a
plenty of existing code to cut&paste from.




> Thanks,
> Kalpana
>
> kohsuke wrote:
>>
>> kalpanab wrote:
>>> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
>>> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?
>>
>> I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
>> such a plugin.
>>
>> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>>
>>
> Quoted from:
> http://www.nabble.com/Regarding-any-data-store-plugin-tp24175408p24177397.html
>
>


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

kalpanab
In reply to this post by Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Hi Kohsuke,

Thanks for the reply with your thoughts. I could able to use Hibernate and Spring for writing the plugin and used POM file for dependencies. But plugin still in progress. I have one more question, can it be possible to call any plugin while running the build? I know how to call/execute plugin on post build but how can we call/execute the plugin when running the build. This is useful if we want to stop/cancel the build when any critical build error/ test failure find. This way we can save the time instead of continuing the  build and tests.

Thanks,
Kalpana




kohsuke wrote
kalpanab wrote:
> Sure. Can I know your thoughts about this plugin.

Other than the fact that it's obviously a good idea for data mining and
reporting and so on, no, I don't really have anything in particular.

>
> Thanks,
> Kalpana
>
>
> kohsuke wrote:
>>
>> kalpanab wrote:
>>> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to store
>>> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?
>>
>> I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
>> such a plugin.
>>
>> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>>  
>>
>


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Regarding any data store plugin

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
kalpanab wrote:

> Hi Kohsuke,
>
> Thanks for the reply with your thoughts. I could able to use Hibernate and
> Spring for writing the plugin and used POM file for dependencies. But plugin
> still in progress. I have one more question, can it be possible to call any
> plugin while running the build? I know how to call/execute plugin on post
> build but how can we call/execute the plugin when running the build. This is
> useful if we want to stop/cancel the build when any critical build error/
> test failure find. This way we can save the time instead of continuing the
> build and tests.
I don't know if I really understand your question, but a build that's
forked by Hudson can talk back to it through CLI, provided that you
expose a suitable CLI command from your plugin for your build to talk to.


>
> Thanks,
> Kalpana
>
>
>
>
>
> kohsuke wrote:
>>
>> kalpanab wrote:
>>> Sure. Can I know your thoughts about this plugin.
>>
>> Other than the fact that it's obviously a good idea for data mining and
>> reporting and so on, no, I don't really have anything in particular.
>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kalpana
>>>
>>>
>>> kohsuke wrote:
>>>>
>>>> kalpanab wrote:
>>>>> Do any one know is there any data store plugin in Hudson. I mean to
>>>>> store
>>>>> the build and test results details to DB (mysql/oracle etc)?
>>>>
>>>> I think the topic came up once before, but AFAIK, no one is working on
>>>> such a plugin.
>>>>
>>>> Would you be interested in giving it a shot? We can help.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>>>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>>>
>>>>  
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>>  
>>
>

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment