Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Gavin Mogan
I love having my plugins built constantly through cloudbees.

Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov) and/or provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Gavin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAG%3D_DutZuzjMordceyDAz0wvBPjfZ-QrSVULRZJO-bMnbxpxtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Richard Bywater-2
When you say "constantly through cloudbees" are you referring to the CloudBees products specifically or to Jenkins in general? If the former, then you need to talk with CloudBees through their support channels as this mailing list deals with development of the OSS version Jenkins which acts as a base for their products.

If you did mean the latter, then the jenkinsci-user list is a better fit as that list is for usage of Jenkins queries.

Richard.

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 at 07:57 Gavin Mogan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I love having my plugins built constantly through cloudbees.

Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov) and/or provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Gavin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAG%3D_DutZuzjMordceyDAz0wvBPjfZ-QrSVULRZJO-bMnbxpxtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAMui947OQS5HXBxZeU0AJfcHKmrGBvRnXe5GDPe4PapBcOiGtQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Jenkins dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Gavin Mogan
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Gavin Mogan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I love having my plugins built constantly through cloudbees.

I presume you mean: https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/ ?

> Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov)

Well you include that in your POM. There is no way currently to
request a particular Jenkins publisher to display the result.

> provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Sorry, not currently. Would take some thought to see how to secure
that properly.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr2fbgBg%2B0TRcx1HexqXMKKkZDKu71vXQchK0GG9nPDqjA%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

halkeye
Yea thats what I meant sorry.

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can figure out on my side.

Gavin

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 12:42:29 PM UTC-8, Jesse Glick wrote:
On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Gavin Mogan <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="tGRpyohhBwAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">ga...@...> wrote:
> I love having my plugins built constantly through cloudbees.

I presume you mean: <a href="https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fjenkins.ci.cloudbees.com%2Fjob%2Fplugins%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzfM3Ju2RgYDN4ZKgEfbgJfo4bwA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fjenkins.ci.cloudbees.com%2Fjob%2Fplugins%2F\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHzfM3Ju2RgYDN4ZKgEfbgJfo4bwA&#39;;return true;">https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/ ?

> Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov)

Well you include that in your POM. There is no way currently to
request a particular Jenkins publisher to display the result.

> provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Sorry, not currently. Would take some thought to see how to secure
that properly.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/626cb42b-d89b-4592-8a21-04996bfd5062%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Radek Antoniuk
Resurrecting an old thread, Jesse, did anything change?
On the current infra, is there any way to provide securely the token for coveralls?

Travis has done it in the neat way:
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/environment-variables/#Defining-encrypted-variables-in-.travis.yml

So this can be easily doable with docker:
docker run --rm -v $PWD:/repo -v ~/.travis:/travis andredumas/travis-ci-cli encrypt VAR=value

Cheers,
Radek

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/486e8f44-c760-4e8a-987f-31f4bcba29cb%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Jesse Glick-4
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Radek Antoniuk
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Resurrecting an old thread, Jesse, did anything change?
> On the current infra, is there any way to provide securely the token for
> coveralls?

On ci.jenkins.io? No; only site administrators are given the ability
to define credentials, pending JENKINS-27398.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANfRfr3Zag%2BuAxsapMa%3Das%2Bg_ZXv-q74gTjZYp-oW_yerQLUHg%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.