Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Dean Yu
Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion are still in the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of living with the plugin?

  -- Dean

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Dean Yu wrote:
> Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion are still in
> the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of living with
> the plugin?

Yeah, we need to move them out.

It's bit tricky because they can't be in the same package after a split,
plus it's tedious to repeat the process for 7 or 8 different languages.

Any volunteer :-) ?

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Dean Yu
I'm adding some additional exclusion capabilities to the Subversion plugin
right now, so I can split those strings out since I'm in there. Just so I
understand, when you say it can't be in the same package, I need to move
them out of hudson.scm, right? Would hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.Messages be
alright?

  -- Dean

On 6/30/09 6:37 PM, "Kohsuke Kawaguchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dean Yu wrote:
>> Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion are still in
>> the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of living with
>> the plugin?
>
> Yeah, we need to move them out.
>
> It's bit tricky because they can't be in the same package after a split,
> plus it's tedious to repeat the process for 7 or 8 different languages.
>
> Any volunteer :-) ?


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Dean Yu wrote:
> I'm adding some additional exclusion capabilities to the Subversion plugin
> right now, so I can split those strings out since I'm in there. Just so I
> understand, when you say it can't be in the same package, I need to move
> them out of hudson.scm, right? Would hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.Messages be
> alright?

That's great. Yes, that would work. It's bit unusual for a package name
to contain upper case, so I would make it hudson.scm.subversion.Messages
but I'm fine with any name.

>
>   -- Dean
>
> On 6/30/09 6:37 PM, "Kohsuke Kawaguchi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dean Yu wrote:
>>> Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion are still in
>>> the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of living with
>>> the plugin?
>>
>> Yeah, we need to move them out.
>>
>> It's bit tricky because they can't be in the same package after a split,
>> plus it's tedious to repeat the process for 7 or 8 different languages.
>>
>> Any volunteer :-) ?
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Dean Yu
Hi Kohsuke,
  I just checked in changes that moved these messages out of core into
the Subversion plugin. You'll need to release Subversion plugin 1.3 in
conjunction with Hudson 1.315. Because I moved the messages out, the 1.2
plugin won't be able to find those messages from the core any more.
  I changed war/pom.xml to pull in 1.3-SNAPSHOT. You'll need to change
this when you release 1.3.

  -- Dean

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 12:51 PM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties
>
> Dean Yu wrote:
> > I'm adding some additional exclusion capabilities to the Subversion
> > plugin right now, so I can split those strings out since
> I'm in there.
> > Just so I understand, when you say it can't be in the same
> package, I
> > need to move them out of hudson.scm, right? Would
> > hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.Messages be alright?
>
> That's great. Yes, that would work. It's bit unusual for a
> package name to contain upper case, so I would make it
> hudson.scm.subversion.Messages but I'm fine with any name.
>
> >
> >   -- Dean
> >
> > On 6/30/09 6:37 PM, "Kohsuke Kawaguchi"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Dean Yu wrote:
> >>> Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion
> are still
> >>> in the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of
> >>> living with the plugin?
> >>
> >> Yeah, we need to move them out.
> >>
> >> It's bit tricky because they can't be in the same package after a
> >> split, plus it's tedious to repeat the process for 7 or 8
> different languages.
> >>
> >> Any volunteer :-) ?
> >
> >
> >
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> Sun Microsystems                  
> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Dean Yu wrote:
> Hi Kohsuke,
>   I just checked in changes that moved these messages out of core into
> the Subversion plugin. You'll need to release Subversion plugin 1.3 in
> conjunction with Hudson 1.315. Because I moved the messages out, the 1.2
> plugin won't be able to find those messages from the core any more.
>   I changed war/pom.xml to pull in 1.3-SNAPSHOT. You'll need to change
> this when you release 1.3.

Will do.

>
>   -- Dean
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 12:51 PM
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: Subversion related strings in Messages.properties
>>
>> Dean Yu wrote:
>> > I'm adding some additional exclusion capabilities to the Subversion
>> > plugin right now, so I can split those strings out since
>> I'm in there.
>> > Just so I understand, when you say it can't be in the same
>> package, I
>> > need to move them out of hudson.scm, right? Would
>> > hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.Messages be alright?
>>
>> That's great. Yes, that would work. It's bit unusual for a
>> package name to contain upper case, so I would make it
>> hudson.scm.subversion.Messages but I'm fine with any name.
>>
>> >
>> >   -- Dean
>> >
>> > On 6/30/09 6:37 PM, "Kohsuke Kawaguchi"
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Dean Yu wrote:
>> >>> Is there a reason why the message strings for Subversion
>> are still
>> >>> in the hudson.scm.Messages.properties in hudson-core instead of
>> >>> living with the plugin?
>> >>
>> >> Yeah, we need to move them out.
>> >>
>> >> It's bit tricky because they can't be in the same package after a
>> >> split, plus it's tedious to repeat the process for 7 or 8
>> different languages.
>> >>
>> >> Any volunteer :-) ?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> --
>> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>> Sun Microsystems                  
>> http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment