I am a newbie to Jenkins, but I have been reading and learning a lot in the recent months. First of all, let me say - I am very impressed with Jenkins and that how most of the stuff work out of the box for simple configurations. I have been pushing my self gradually into writing pipeline scripts etc. I am blocked with a few issues, one of them being that I am not able to run a windows executable from my Jenkins. Below is what I face:
- Jenkins gets stuck/frozen when running an .exe in a batch script (both freestyle and pipeline) - tried with many .exes to test and the same.
- The executable is a binary file generator app installed locally on the machine. It takes in few parameters and creates a binary file
- I am able to run it outside of Jenkins and works as expected
- Jenkins v2.152 is installed as localhost and the .exe is also on this machine (no slaves configured)
- I have no admin access on the machine. But Jenkins is installed on C: drive with admin privileges and can modify files in work space.
- It is a windows 10 machine.
1. As some have suggested I have tried to run .exe as a service by using the keyword "start", but this time Jenkins does not freeze but the executable does not run.
2. Used Java melody etc. to analyse if there is an issue with Jenkins resources. No problem, enough resources left
3. Installed and used the plugin "Windows exe runner", but have the same issue.
I would appreciate if any advise or some pointers can be given to me to progress. So many thanks.