error building maven2 war

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

error building maven2 war

Marcelo Fukushima
hello folks!

im evaluating hudson as our CI tool, but ive ran two problems:
-running maven builds from inside hudson makes it ignore our local
mirror and the local repository,  downloading new artifacts from the
internet. While this is not a major issue, its certainly something to
look into
-i cant seen to build artifacts with 'war' packaging. Hudson fails
with the following error:
Embedded error: The attribute "Hudson-Build-Number" may not occur more
than once in the same section

is hudson running its own plugin for packaging?

also, i have another doubt: currently, we have a schedule to generate
maven reports and such at night. Is it possible to have something
similar in hudson without creating a separate project just for that?

thanks in advance and im looking forward to using it more and more

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building maven2 war

Stephen Connolly-2
Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
> hello folks!
>
> im evaluating hudson as our CI tool, but ive ran two problems:
> -running maven builds from inside hudson makes it ignore our local
> mirror and the local repository,  downloading new artifacts from the
> internet. While this is not a major issue, its certainly something to
> look into
>  
Are you running hudson as a service?
Did you set up the service account's ~/.m2/settings.xml?
> -i cant seen to build artifacts with 'war' packaging. Hudson fails
> with the following error:
> Embedded error: The attribute "Hudson-Build-Number" may not occur more
> than once in the same section
>
> is hudson running its own plugin for packaging?
>  
With the m2 (beta) project type, hudson opens up your artifact, adds in
the Hudson-Build-Number, and packages it up again (to be helpful)
This is another reason why I build Maven projects with the freestyle
project type!
> also, i have another doubt: currently, we have a schedule to generate
> maven reports and such at night. Is it possible to have something
> similar in hudson without creating a separate project just for that?
>
>  
A long standing feature I have wanted it conditional maven goals... e.g.
when the version is -SNAPSHOT, only do install.  once it stops being
-SNAPSHOT, do deploy...

If conditional goals are implemented (the issue I see is making it easy
and intuitive to configure) that would be another use case.

But at the end of the day, projects are cheap, you have a near infinite
number of them.  I'd create a second project (even just clone the first)
> thanks in advance and im looking forward to using it more and more
>
>  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building maven2 war

Marcelo Fukushima
thanks for the tip. im setting up the project as a freestyle now to
see how it goes

On 8/21/07, Stephen Connolly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marcelo Fukushima wrote:
> > hello folks!
> >
> > im evaluating hudson as our CI tool, but ive ran two problems:
> > -running maven builds from inside hudson makes it ignore our local
> > mirror and the local repository,  downloading new artifacts from the
> > internet. While this is not a major issue, its certainly something to
> > look into
> >
> Are you running hudson as a service?
> Did you set up the service account's ~/.m2/settings.xml?

i set the global config options instead, but will try the user accounts settings

> > -i cant seen to build artifacts with 'war' packaging. Hudson fails
> > with the following error:
> > Embedded error: The attribute "Hudson-Build-Number" may not occur more
> > than once in the same section
> >
> > is hudson running its own plugin for packaging?
> >
> With the m2 (beta) project type, hudson opens up your artifact, adds in
> the Hudson-Build-Number, and packages it up again (to be helpful)
> This is another reason why I build Maven projects with the freestyle
> project type!

i can see how useful it could be, but i cant see the problem (maybe
ill check out the code and try to figure out)
im the meantime, ill add the project as a freestyle to see how it goes

> > also, i have another doubt: currently, we have a schedule to generate
> > maven reports and such at night. Is it possible to have something
> > similar in hudson without creating a separate project just for that?
> >
> >
> A long standing feature I have wanted it conditional maven goals... e.g.
> when the version is -SNAPSHOT, only do install.  once it stops being
> -SNAPSHOT, do deploy...

a more flexible (but perhaps too flexible) would be to mimic continuum
and have separate build definitions for separate schedules - or maybe
add custom build cicles on top of the usual ones

>
> If conditional goals are implemented (the issue I see is making it easy
> and intuitive to configure) that would be another use case.
>
> But at the end of the day, projects are cheap, you have a near infinite
> number of them.  I'd create a second project (even just clone the first)

i understand that and will try. thanks again

> > thanks in advance and im looking forward to using it more and more
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building maven2 war

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
In reply to this post by Stephen Connolly-2
Stephen Connolly wrote:

>> -i cant seen to build artifacts with 'war' packaging. Hudson fails
>> with the following error:
>> Embedded error: The attribute "Hudson-Build-Number" may not occur more
>> than once in the same section
>>
>> is hudson running its own plugin for packaging?
>>  
> With the m2 (beta) project type, hudson opens up your artifact, adds in
> the Hudson-Build-Number, and packages it up again (to be helpful)
> This is another reason why I build Maven projects with the freestyle
> project type!
Actually, it doesn't do that. What Hudson does is to change the mojo
configuration before it gets populated into the real war/jar/ear/rar
mojo, and then those mojos will do the work for Hudson. There's no
re-touching of war involved once it's done.

I've seen this bug in the past an I thought I fixed it. Marcelo, if you
can run your build with the -X option and send me the output, that would
be helpful.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error building maven2 war

Marcelo Fukushima
maybe im using a too old version?

im running Hudson ver. 1.130 and output is attached

On 8/21/07, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephen Connolly wrote:
> >> -i cant seen to build artifacts with 'war' packaging. Hudson fails
> >> with the following error:
> >> Embedded error: The attribute "Hudson-Build-Number" may not occur more
> >> than once in the same section
> >>
> >> is hudson running its own plugin for packaging?
> >>
> > With the m2 (beta) project type, hudson opens up your artifact, adds in
> > the Hudson-Build-Number, and packages it up again (to be helpful)
> > This is another reason why I build Maven projects with the freestyle
> > project type!
>
> Actually, it doesn't do that. What Hudson does is to change the mojo
> configuration before it gets populated into the real war/jar/ear/rar
> mojo, and then those mojos will do the work for Hudson. There's no
> re-touching of war involved once it's done.
>
> I've seen this bug in the past an I thought I fixed it. Marcelo, if you
> can run your build with the -X option and send me the output, that would
> be helpful.
>
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]
>
>

--
[]'s
Marcelo Takeshi Fukushima

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

builderror.txt (4K) Download Attachment