Quantcast

how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

uday kumar
how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from
browser
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

arjan.verstoep
Hi Uday Kumar

See
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Authenticating+scripted+clients

Example (works for us):
wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=user --http-password=password
http://our-build-system/jenkins/job/the-job/build 

Arjan Verstoep
Software development engineer
BTS TM DS
Steria Schweiz AG
Steinackerstrasse 47
CH-8902 Urdorf
Switzerland
Tel:    +41 44 734 80 00
[hidden email]
www.steria.ch
Think before you print - Steria is committed to supporting a sustainable
world.



From:   uday kumar <[hidden email]>
To:     Jenkins Users <[hidden email]>
Date:   30.04.2012 08:38
Subject:        how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by
url from browser
Sent by:        [hidden email]



how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from
browser










This message is intended exclusively for the designated addressee. It may
contain confidential material. If you are not the correct addressee,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message. The content
of this message will engage the responsibility of Steria only if it has
been sent by an authorized person acting in the strict scope of his
functions and for purposes that are related to his competence. Although
reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from
viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted
virus.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

uday kumar
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.I have tried with both

wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=user --http-password=apiToken
http://jenkins.yourcompany.com/job/your_job/build?token=TOKEN

wget http://user:apiToken@.../job/your_job/build?token=TOKEN

  but i am getting "403 Forbidden error".What should i do.?

and one more question is can't we directly access the url from browser
by passing the credentials there itself.


Thanks,
Uday Kumar

On Apr 30, 11:41 am, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Uday Kumar
>
> Seehttps://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Authenticating+scripted+c...
>
> Example (works for us):
> wget --auth-no-challenge --http-user=user --http-password=passwordhttp://our-build-system/jenkins/job/the-job/build
>
> Arjan Verstoep
> Software development engineer
> BTS TM DS
> Steria Schweiz AG
> Steinackerstrasse 47
> CH-8902 Urdorf
> Switzerland
> Tel:    +41 44 734 80 00
> [hidden email]
> Think before you print - Steria is committed to supporting a sustainable
> world.
>
> From:   uday kumar <[hidden email]>
> To:     Jenkins Users <[hidden email]>
> Date:   30.04.2012 08:38
> Subject:        how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by
> url from browser
> Sent by:        [hidden email]
>
> how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from
> browser
>
> This message is intended exclusively for the designated addressee. It may
> contain confidential material. If you are not the correct addressee,
> please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message. The content
> of this message will engage the responsibility of Steria only if it has
> been sent by an authorized person acting in the strict scope of his
> functions and for purposes that are related to his competence. Although
> reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from
> viruses, the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted
> virus.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

Udaya Satya Kumar Yatham
In reply to this post by uday kumar
Hi,

    I have enabled the security in Jenkins and so that i am able to
invoke the job/project by URL from browser as below

                 http://hostname:8080/job/project/build?token=myjob

   its working fine and i am able to run the job from browser.But now
i want to it in secure manner ,so i have enabled
matrix based security and added admin and some users (with limited
permissions).The question is how can invoke job now by URL from
browser.I have tried as below,

      http://hostname:8080/job/project/build?token=myjob&j_username=xxxxxxx&j_password=xxxxxx
                                                             and
      http://username:password@hostname:8080/job/project/build?token=myjob


but its not working.i know we can also do it by "wget ......", but i
want to do it directly from browser.So please tell the way....

thanks,
uday
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: how to pass login credentials in url when invoking job by url from browser

sambadamerla
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
Hi Arjan Verstoep,

I tried the wget as how you explained but I am getting service unavailable. Also I didnt observed any thing in jenkins.log file. I am able to access this "http://localhost:8080/job/OnsiteBuild/build?token=IntegrationOnsiteBuild" URL from browser.


 
samba@dt-corp-sfd-samba:~$ wget --proxy-user=myuser --proxy-password=mypassword  --auth-no-challenge --http-user=jenkinsuser --http-password=jenkinspasswrd http://localhost:8080/job/OnsiteBuild/build?token=IntegrationOnsiteBuild

--2012-05-01 13:35:44--  http://localhost:8080/job/OnsiteBuild/build?token=IntegrationOnsiteBuild
Connecting to 172.20.53.8:3128... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 503 Service Unavailable
2012-05-01 13:35:44 ERROR 503: Service Unavailable.



FYI, I am running jenkins with war file as "jre1.6/bin/java -jar jenkins.war"
Thanks
Samba Damerla
Loading...