newbe question: public javadoc URL

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

newbe question: public javadoc URL

pmendelson
I would like to browse the hudson javadoc without building it my self.  Is it posted inside the application or somewhere under https://hudson.dev.java.net/?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: newbe question: public javadoc URL

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Yes. Go to https://hudson.dev.java.net/, search for "javadoc", and
it's right there.

I've never really learned how to make a good website. Sounds like
there's some navigation issue if people can't find stuff they are
looking for...

2007/2/14, pmendelson <[hidden email]>:

>
> I would like to browse the hudson javadoc without building it my self.  Is it
> posted inside the application or somewhere under
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/?
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/newbe-question%3A-public-javadoc-URL-tf3227280.html#a8964974
> Sent from the Hudson users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: newbe question: public javadoc URL

pmendelson
I am missing the point, I went to https://hudson.dev.java.net/ typed in javadoc in the search box and clicked go.  It took me to https://hudson.dev.java.net/servlets/Search?scope=project&resultsPerPage=40&query=javadoc&Button=Go

That query found this discission but nothing that I recognized as the hudson api documentation.


kohsuke wrote
Yes. Go to https://hudson.dev.java.net/, search for "javadoc", and
it's right there.

I've never really learned how to make a good website. Sounds like
there's some navigation issue if people can't find stuff they are
looking for...

2007/2/14, pmendelson <pmendelson@trueoutcomes.net>:
>
> I would like to browse the hudson javadoc without building it my self.  Is it
> posted inside the application or somewhere under
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/?
> --
> View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/newbe-question%3A-public-javadoc-URL-tf3227280.html#a8964974
> Sent from the Hudson users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@hudson.dev.java.net
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@hudson.dev.java.net
>
>


--
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@hudson.dev.java.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@hudson.dev.java.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: newbe question: public javadoc URL

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2
pmendelson wrote:
> I am missing the point, I went to https://hudson.dev.java.net/ typed in
> javadoc in the search box and clicked go.  It took me to
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/servlets/Search?scope=project&resultsPerPage=40&query=javadoc&Button=Go

Try Ctrl+F > "javadoc"


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: newbe question: public javadoc URL

pmendelson

got it.  That's a perfectly good place to put the javadoc.  It's almost impossible to protect against users who refuse to scroll down.

One suggestion if it is feasible, you might want to change the url from https://hudson.dev.java.net/nonav/javadoc/ to https://hudson.dev.java.net/javadoc/

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2 wrote
pmendelson wrote:
> I am missing the point, I went to https://hudson.dev.java.net/ typed in
> javadoc in the search box and clicked go.  It took me to
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/servlets/Search?scope=project&resultsPerPage=40&query=javadoc&Button=Go

Try Ctrl+F > "javadoc"


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com

 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: newbe question: public javadoc URL

Kohsuke Kawaguchi-2
pmendelson wrote:
> got it.  That's a perfectly good place to put the javadoc.  It's almost
> impossible to protect against users who refuse to scroll down.

Not wanting to scroll down is perfectly reasonable.

I think http://hudson.dev.java.net/  is getting too much contents, it
should probably be broken down. So this feedback was good.

> One suggestion if it is feasible, you might want to change the url from
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/nonav/javadoc/ to
> https://hudson.dev.java.net/javadoc/

But without nonav, it won't work.

In any case, I'm glad you found javadoc :-)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment