plugin ordering

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plugin ordering

Arnaud LACOUR
Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I am surprised by
the plugin ordering and it got me wondering if that would be easy to
tweak. I figure this is somewhat dictated by the maven plugin facility
but asking the question never hurts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin ordering

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "plugin ordering"?

Are you talking about the order in which items show up in the
configuration screen?

2007/7/24, Arnaud LACOUR <[hidden email]>:
> Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I am surprised by
> the plugin ordering and it got me wondering if that would be easy to
> tweak. I figure this is somewhat dictated by the maven plugin facility
> but asking the question never hurts.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin ordering

Arnaud LACOUR
On 7/24/07, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by "plugin ordering"?
>
> Are you talking about the order in which items show up in the
> configuration screen?
that and the order in which the plugins get executed. I think in some
case it could make sense to be able to order the plugins execution.
for example, the gcal plugin won't break the build if a problem occurs
when publishing to your google calendar, but other plugins will.
therefore, if there is a problem related with another plugin that has
nothing to do with mine, then the build info won't get posted on my
google calendar. Does that make more sense ?
say the emma coverage report does not get generated for a reason that
really doesn't matter here, then it fails and stops everything right
there. All subsequent plugins get bypassed.

Another (less elegant) option would be to make it mandatory for
plugins to offer the choice of impacting or not the build status. like
a check box.

or maybe we can do both. I tend to like things as simple as possible
but this is getting tricky.

hope this helps clarify the matter anyway

>
> 2007/7/24, Arnaud LACOUR <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi, I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I am surprised by
> > the plugin ordering and it got me wondering if that would be easy to
> > tweak. I figure this is somewhat dictated by the maven plugin facility
> > but asking the question never hurts.
>
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plugin ordering

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Arnaud LACOUR wrote:
> that and the order in which the plugins get executed. I think in some
> case it could make sense to be able to order the plugins execution.
> for example, the gcal plugin won't break the build if a problem occurs
> when publishing to your google calendar, but other plugins will.
> therefore, if there is a problem related with another plugin that has
> nothing to do with mine, then the build info won't get posted on my
> google calendar. Does that make more sense ?

Yes, and there's a class of publisher called "notifier" for exactly this
purpose. They run later. See BuildStep.PUBLISHERS.addNotifier(...)

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment