"use update" doesn't work when more than 1 subversion module

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

"use update" doesn't work when more than 1 subversion module

Folke Lemaitre-3
Hi,

I have a project configuration with two subversion modules:
  • <a href="http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment --> WORKSPACE/src
  • <a href="http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopmentLibs" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopmentLibs --> WORKSPACE/lib
I also enabled the "use update" option.

The first time I started the build, Hudson correctly did a fresh checkout.
The second time, I got the following message:
started
Checking out a fresh workspace because the workspace is not <a href="http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
Checking out
<a href="http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment" target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
Which was not what to be expected.

The issue is probably that Hudson should check the directories WORKSPACE/src and WORKSPACE/lib instead.

Any idea on how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Folke
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "use update" doesn't work when more than 1 subversion module

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Folke Lemaitre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a project configuration with two subversion modules:
>
>    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment --> WORKSPACE/src
>    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopmentLibs --> WORKSPACE/lib
>
> I also enabled the "use update" option.
>
> The first time I started the build, Hudson correctly did a fresh checkout.
> The second time, I got the following message:
>
> started
> Checking out a fresh workspace because the workspace is not
> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
> Checking out
> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
>
> Which was not what to be expected.
>
> The issue is probably that Hudson should check the directories WORKSPACE/src
> and WORKSPACE/lib instead.
Right. I suspect so.

> Any idea on how I can resolve this issue?

If you can look into the code and see if you can come up with a quick
fix, that would be lovely :-)  The class is "SubversionSCM".

Otherwise, please file this as an issue so that I can get to it.



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "use update" doesn't work when more than 1 subversion module

Folke Lemaitre-3
Hi,

The problem I had is coming from the tmate svn library.
The repository I was using was actually http://someserver/svn/trunk/Java%20Development. (Notice the %20)
The method toDecodedString on the SVNInfo object in SubversionSCM:346 returns an url where the contained whitespace is not properly escaped: [http://someserver/svn/trunk/Java Development].
A quick fix is to add toDecodedString().replaceAll(" ", "%20"), but of course this is not a solution...

Regards,
Folke

On 4/26/07, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Folke Lemaitre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a project configuration with two subversion modules:
>
>    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment --> WORKSPACE/src
>    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopmentLibs --> WORKSPACE/lib
>
> I also enabled the "use update" option.
>
> The first time I started the build, Hudson correctly did a fresh checkout.
> The second time, I got the following message:
>
> started
> Checking out a fresh workspace because the workspace is not
> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
> Checking out
> http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
>
> Which was not what to be expected.
>
> The issue is probably that Hudson should check the directories WORKSPACE/src
> and WORKSPACE/lib instead.

Right. I suspect so.

> Any idea on how I can resolve this issue?

If you can look into the code and see if you can come up with a quick
fix, that would be lovely :-)  The class is "SubversionSCM".

Otherwise, please file this as an issue so that I can get to it.



--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]




--
Adres: Nieuwevaart 232, 9000 Gent, Belgium
Phone: +32486291702
Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/folke.lemaitre
Music: http://www.last.fm/user/flemaitr/
Digg: http://digg.com/users/Zypher
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: "use update" doesn't work when more than 1 subversion module

Kohsuke Kawaguchi
Administrator
Thanks.

The SVNInfo.url javadoc says this is supposed to keep the decoded
String, so that code looks correct to me. So the bug must be in the
code that uses it.

Looking at the error message, I guess the problem is in line 450? Is
your l.remote "Java%20Development"? (This value ultimately comes from
your input.)

2007/4/27, Folke Lemaitre <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> The problem I had is coming from the tmate svn library.
> The repository I was using was actually
> http://someserver/svn/trunk/Java%20Development. (Notice the
> %20)
> The method toDecodedString on the SVNInfo object in SubversionSCM:346
> returns an url where the contained whitespace is not properly escaped:
> [http://someserver/svn/trunk/Java Development].
> A quick fix is to add toDecodedString().replaceAll(" ", "%20"), but of
> course this is not a solution...
>
> Regards,
> Folke
>
>
> On 4/26/07, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Folke Lemaitre wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a project configuration with two subversion modules:
> > >
> > >    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment -->
> WORKSPACE/src
> > >    - http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopmentLibs
> --> WORKSPACE/lib
> > >
> > > I also enabled the "use update" option.
> > >
> > > The first time I started the build, Hudson correctly did a fresh
> checkout.
> > > The second time, I got the following message:
> > >
> > > started
> > > Checking out a fresh workspace because the workspace is not
> > > http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
> > > Checking out
> > > http://someserver/svn/trunk/JavaDevelopment
> > >
> > > Which was not what to be expected.
> > >
> > > The issue is probably that Hudson should check the directories
> WORKSPACE/src
> > > and WORKSPACE/lib instead.
> >
> > Right. I suspect so.
> >
> > > Any idea on how I can resolve this issue?
> >
> > If you can look into the code and see if you can come up with a quick
> > fix, that would be lovely :-)  The class is "SubversionSCM".
> >
> > Otherwise, please file this as an issue so that I can get to it.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> > Sun Microsystems                   [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Adres: Nieuwevaart 232, 9000 Gent, Belgium
> Phone: +32486291702
> Photos: http://picasaweb.google.com/folke.lemaitre
> Music: http://www.last.fm/user/flemaitr/
> Digg: http://digg.com/users/Zypher


--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]